Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1893 , Oct 26, 2008
      "Jesus sanctified Baptism by being Himself baptized. If the Son of God was baptized, what godly man is he that despises Baptism? But He was baptized not that He might receive remission of sins, for He was sinless; but being sinless, He was baptized, that He might give to them that are baptized a divine and excellent grace. For 'since the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise partook of the same' (Heb. 2:14), that having been made partakers of His presence in the flesh we might be made partakers also of His Divine grace: thus Jesus was baptized, that thereby we again by our participation might receive both salvation and honor."

      St. Cyril of Jerusalem.

      For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith." Romans 1:17
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1893 of 1893 , Jun 14 5:16 PM

        "Although there are a slew of demons and all the air is packed with them, they cannot do anything to one who is protected by prayer and fasting. Fasting is universal temperance, prayer is universal communication with God; the former defends from the outside, whereas the latter from within directs a fiery weapon against the enemies. The demons can sense a faster and man of prayer from a distance, and they run far away from him so as avoid a painful blow."

        St. Theophan the Recluse, Thoughts for Each Day of the Year.

        "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 6:23

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Baunah, June 15, is:
        13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him. 14 When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, 15 and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt I called My Son. 16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was deceived by the wise men, was exceedingly angry; and he sent forth and put to death all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men. 17 Then was fulfilled what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying: 18 A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, Refusing to be comforted, Because they are no more. 19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, 20 saying, Arise, take the young Child and His mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the young Child's life are dead. 21 Then he arose, took the young Child and His mother, and came into the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea instead of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. And being warned by God in a dream, he turned aside into the region of Galilee. 23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene. (Matt. 2:13-23)
        Commemoration of the Consecration of the Church of the Virgin Lady known as El-Mahammah.
        Commemoration of St. Tamada and her children, and Armenius and his mother.
        Martyrdom of George (Girgis) the new martyr.

        The Bible reading for the 9th of Baunah, June 16, is: Matthew 23:13-36
        Departure of Samuel the Prophet.
        Martyrdom of St. Lucilianus and four others with him.
        The Relocation of the Relics of St. Mercurius to Cairo.

        Prayer Requests:

        Anthony Cacho - Recovery from heart surgery on 6/1 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        Yaga - Cancer.