Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1434 , Oct 26, 2008
      "Jesus sanctified Baptism by being Himself baptized. If the Son of God was baptized, what godly man is he that despises Baptism? But He was baptized not that He might receive remission of sins, for He was sinless; but being sinless, He was baptized, that He might give to them that are baptized a divine and excellent grace. For 'since the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise partook of the same' (Heb. 2:14), that having been made partakers of His presence in the flesh we might be made partakers also of His Divine grace: thus Jesus was baptized, that thereby we again by our participation might receive both salvation and honor."

      St. Cyril of Jerusalem.

      For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith." Romans 1:17
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1434 of 1434 , Jul 21 6:21 PM

        "Again we would say `If Adam died because of sin, He Who removed sin had to take away death too.' But just as Adam was told `The day you eat of the forbidden tree, you shall die,' but in fact he did not die; but rather he received a pledge of his death in the form of being stripped naked of the gory and his expulsion from Paradise, after which he was daily pondering on death. It is exactly the same with life in Christ: we have eaten His Body in place of the fruit of the Tree, and His altar has taken the place of the Garden of Eden for us; the curse has been washed away by His innocent blood, and in the hope of resurrection we await the life that is to come, and indeed we already walk in the new life, in that we already have a pledge of it."

           St. Ephrem the Syrian.

        "Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy."  Psalm 61:2-3

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith