Police use force to prevent violence at Piravom church

  • The Hindu
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 19, 2008
      Police use force to prevent violence at Piravom church.
      Staff Reporter

      KOCHI: The police used force to dispel a group of people belonging to the Orthodox faction of the Malankara Church after they reportedly forced their entry into the �Kurisupally� near the St. Mary�s Church (Valiapally), Piravom, on Sunday evening.

      Sources said that members of the Jacobite faction were in a majority in the church and the rival faction wanted to hold a family meeting in the parish hall. They were permitted to do so following talks held between representatives of either faction in the presence of the Revenue Divisional Officer. But they were not given the hall, following which they took out a rally. The police blocked the rally since members of the Jacobite faction had gathered in large numbers.

      Some members of the Orthodox faction reportedly broke open the glass door of the Kurisupally and rang the bell. The police then used force to remove them. Many senior priests of the faction were present.

      Source: http://www.hindu.com/2008/10/20/stories/2008102054080400.htm
    • Sabu Alias
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 21, 2008
        Piravom Incidents an eye opener to the non believers and to THE IOCians . But will they able to read God's sign?

        This is with reference to the Piravom incidents on October 19th. I have already given a brief feedback about the developments in Piravom through my earlier postings. As noted ,we planned our Idavaka Sangamam on October5. To create problem the IOCian of Piravom led by MA and KA� and assisted by Fr. Joseph Mankidi announced the IOC Sangamam of all their northern dioceses at Piravom on October 5 itself. After creating this situation and after the failure of 6 cases against our Idavaka Sangamam, they pressed the civil admin for a dialogue. On October 5 by noon RDO muvattupuzha conducted the dialogue (the third one) and in order to conduct the Rally smoothly, Our Trustees made a mistake by agreeing to consider the allotment of our Parish Hall on a suitable day to them ; provided the church general body clears the proposal. This is a mistake because they succumbed to the pressure exerted by RDO. But their feeling was that the rally should be without any problem (As they clearly know MA and KA).

        Any way our program was a grant success and  IOCians of all the northern dioceses (total 376 persons ) conducted a rally at Piravom on October 5 itself. But very next day onwards they started announcing another Idavaka Sangamam on October 19th at our Parish hall. ValiyaPally General body unanimously rejected the RDO proposal and the rejection is served to the Civil administration and to Fr. Joseph Mankidi. After receiving the Rejection Memo from Parish secretary, that great priest threatened our secretary "MONE NJAN E PALLI POOTTIKKUM"� He repeated this satanic statement before RDO. His comment was like this "Sir we do not want their parish hall or anything; but we want to see the church closed!!!"

        Now we were in great trouble .(During that time, I continuously posted the developments, asking for help) RDO was in Immense pressure from top brass to take over our parish hall and to give to IOC. He said the same to our representatives. But we were well aware of the evil desire of IOC (to Close the Church) and so this time did not give up to his pressure.

        IOC started to give wide publicity about their program . Arches rose in the town. So many posters!! There was no problem for money. Our Leaders were very busy with Marine drive and other works related with His Holiness visit to Malankara. Any way the believers of Valiyapally stood firmly to defeat the satanic plot. Many of them started to take fast to avert this. Our people decided not to participate the marine drive function. Instead they will stay in the church to prevent the IOCian entry. Now let me narrate the incident on October 19 one by one.

        OCTOBER 19:

        Fr. Mankidi repeats his satanic statement (Njan Piravom Palli Poottikkum) in Nechoor church , where he leads the orthodox faction. By 12.30 the reception of the marriage (Sri Siby Manjamattom, Piravom) solemnized in our church starts in the church parish hall.

        By 13.30 vehicles from other jacobites churches which is to be headed for Ernakulam reaches Valiyapally.

        By 14. hrs marriage party finishes the reception (he has to suffer a lot due to IOCian misadventure) and church is cleared of all other vehicles.

        By 14.30 More vehicles from churches of Vadakara ,Mammalassery, Nechoor,Palakuzha reached Piravom Valiyaplally. The 15 buses booked by Piravom Valiya Pally has already parked in the church compound. Now our ladies filled the church, Gents (>1500 ) waited the IOC in the roads leading to our Church. The Vicars were in their room with prayer and Buses filled the compound.

        Mean while the IOC chapel at Piravom was preparing for their evil Rally. For the Piravom Idavaka Sangamam the IOC bought people from Chengannur,Puthupally,Pothanikkad,Kizhumuri,Pampakuda !!!!. The provocating speech from church leaders (One could easily hear and see the IOC activity from the nearby bridge over Muvattupuzha river) were greeted by the believers applause .

        By 15.15 they started the Rally from the Chappel. All on a sudden rain started!!. As its strength increased the rally is pulled back to the chapel itself. The jacobites in the church were glad to hear that there was no rain at Ernakulam . IOC priests again started their hate speech in the Chappel. Now the rain is stopped. They are again planning to start the Rally.

        By 16.05 they started the rally again. Now there is no rain. But the miracle again happened.

        By 16:10 rain again started. But this time they proceeded with the rally. It was such a heavy rain that my umbrella could not help me from wetting .

        By 16:15 the last man also  joined the rally. (So they could bring almost 300-400 people for their Idavaka Sangamam from all over Kerala).

        I thought that they will realize the rain and its force and will refrain from attacking our church. But to my surprise by 16:45 they reached the old bus stand junction where our Kurisadi is situated. The rain is continuing . I could see that now ,the ladies are absent from their rally. I can see the big logs in their hand. Also there are some 10 to 12 bare footed men (later I came to know that they were infamous Goondas from Champakkara ,a very near place to Kochi ) Yes their intention was to attack our church. Surely we will retaliate. Now they can demand the closure of the church!. But this time Police prevented them from moving further (50 meters away from the entrance of the church).

        Now the most unfortunate incident happened. Led by the IOC priest  John Mankidi, MA and KA the grate IOCian of Kerala (There were a few number of Piravom IOCians present at that time) broke the glass pane of the Kurisadi. They entered the holy Thronos threw the "Virikoottam" to the road. Toppled the cross. Then they removed the Patriarch flag from the Kurisadi and a gentle man tied the Catolicose flag . Now the flex board ,welcoming HH Patriarch has been destroyed (from Piravom to Pampakuda they destroyed the flex boards. But their arch and other notices are still intact in Piravom) Thus they captured the "Kurisadi"

        The Kurisadi was in the name of Chathuruthil Kochuthirumeni. Still they did not spare that!. It was purely an Unholy thing. Now the air is full of the song of rain and the howling sound Jai Jai Catholicose.

        17.30 : Now they are dissolving. Priests including Cor eppiscopa and other souther members started returning to the Chappel. Only a few are in front of the Kurisadi. Now I can see one Banner proclaiming  their "Idavaka Sangamam".

        By 17.50 the rain started receding . Now there is a large sound from the side of the Chapel . Their Catholica is coming in car. He reached the Broken Kurisadi . Entered the Thronose and the Dooparppana is done!!

        By 18.00 hrs they dissolved the show. Our people were seeing all these incidents, but controlled themselves. God showed them that he is against the IOC by the variation in the climate. They were consoling themselves that revenge is for God. Of cource some youths were demanding revenge .They could easily target the vehicles of the IOCians from Puthupally,Chenganoor etc. Actually the Car of their Catholica was a simple target. But the elders and priests asked them to assemble in the church.

        From the church the Jacobite members came to the Kurisadi with candles, Led by the Vicar ,they offered prayer in front of the Kurisadi . The Ultimate aim of the IOC to close the Church is foiled. But they succeeded to create a feeling among the non Christians that they are a group of Goondas .The Hindus are wondering about the heavy rain. By hearing the news that rain did not affect the Ernakulam Function we all praised the LORD.

        1.Yesterday a low intensity rain was there at Piravom . But it started only by 17:15.

        2. The "Pukappura" (completely ) and the house (partially ) of an IOC leader from Periyampra burnt away, yesterday ( Periyampra is near Thodupuzha. This man was involved in smashing the Kurisadi and he is the person who filed a suit against HH's last visit).

        Sabu Alias
        # 3323
      • Dr. Alice Vettichira
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 21, 2008
          Thank you Sabu Alias for the detailed discription of the incident. Being baptised at valiyapally it is very hurting to see what is happening.there.

          Well, The truth will  win and Mother Mary's protection will always be there!!!!

          Dr. Alice J.V
          (Puthenpurackal)
          NY

          ========================
          From the desk of the Moderator:

          Please sign your messages with member ID. If not having a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
        • Alex John
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 21, 2008
            Thanks Sabu for explaining those incidents in detail. I have seen so
            many messages in this community appreciating your efforts there. I
            salute u people for your love towards our Holy Church. I feel like
            our love towards Holy Church is nothing in front of u guyz after
            reading your message. Thanks once again man. We really controlled our
            emotions in that incident, if we have attacked any of their vehicles
            or faithful{?} just imagine what they will spread through Manorama
            next day. We really did a great job to keep our faith. I was really
            happy to see that we people organized a peace rally with lighted
            candles lead by Simon Chellikattil Cor Episcopa. And more over next
            day with out any police protection or Goonda protection our Elias Mor
            Athanasious thirumeni entered kurishumootti and offered prayers.
            Where were those so called "Methran Kakshi"?

            They were knowing that on 19th we people will be going to Marian
            Drive. Thats the only reason they decided to conduct the so
            called "Edavaga sangamam"{?} on the same day. Why they didnt protest
            when our Elias Mor Athanasious thirumeni entered kurishumootti and
            offered prayers?

            The same type of incident happened in Edayar St:Mary's church too,
            few years back. Instruction from their bishop was that, Its 100% sure
            that we are not going to get Edayar church. At any cost close down
            the church by playing any cheap tricks. But God's grace those 6 IOC
            followers of edayar church was not ready to take up that, bcoz they
            didnt want their church to be closed down. This is how GOD plays HIS
            role.

            Thanks,
            Alex John
            # 2321
          • Alex John
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 22, 2008
              I have a question to Mr Sabu Elias, What is the stand of Fr Simon
              Vallikkattil[orthodx faction vicar of Piravom church]in this issue? I
              have never heard his name any where in the paper reports nor tv
              reports. Only Joseph mankidi's name is mentioned all over.

              Thanks,
              Alex John
              # 2321
            • Sabu Alias
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 23, 2008
                Dear All

                Now more details about the evil plot of MA & KA and Fr. John Mankidi has came out. We are actually terrified to know that there were almost 50 orthodox people inside the church compound ,during their rally. They kenew well that Police will prevent them near our Kurisadi.There plan was to overcome the police barrier somehow  (the front portion of the rally will take the cane charge, while the rear portion with the Champakkara Goonda will reach the Valiyapally arch see the video clip of the rally) and reach the entrance of our Church . As soon as they reach the arch the 50 people inside the church compound will start attacking our faithfull. Now we will bw attacked from rear side and front side . Eventhough we outnumber them ;thier professionalism will help them to close the church.Now they can bargain for getting a "Veetham". (This plan  is revealed by an Orthodox teacher of Pampakuda area to one of our faithful) But God foiled this plan. Praise the Lord; he gave such a rain to Piravom area that they could not materialise their plan (due to small participation in the rally and also due to the confidence loss by the rain). Surely God stood with us.

                Sabu Alias
              • Thomas Varghese
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 25, 2008
                  Dear Elias

                  You are admitting that Your trustee agreed to give the parish hall on
                  another day for IOC.( this point was missing in your message given on
                  7th in this forum ) Then after conducting your Idavaka sangamam,
                  retraction from that promise is not a correct way.

                  If IOC Idavakasangam also been conducted without any problem how
                  church will be closed?

                  Since Piravam church is a shared church as of now, it will be always
                  better to give equal facilities for both the faction.

                  Thomas
                  Id #2316

                  --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Sabu Alias wrote:

                  > Piravom Incidents an eye opener to the non believers and to THE
                  IOCians . But will they able to read God's sign?

                  > This is with reference to the Piravom incidents on October 19th. I
                  have already given a brief feedback about the developments in Piravom
                  through my earlier postings. As noted ,we planned our Idavaka
                  Sangamam on October5. To create problem the IOCian of Piravom led by
                  MA and KA  and assisted by Fr. Joseph Mankidi announced the IOC
                  Sangamam of all their northern dioceses at Piravom on October 5
                • Aabeesh Jose
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 26, 2008
                    Dear Thomas

                    You are ready for sharing of church in piravom because ur not a force
                    nor u dont have strength. The church is administered by the committe elected by the parishoners.

                    If ur ioc is ready in other churches like kolenchery and kadamatom to
                    have election and to hand over the administration to parish committe
                    and to have services for the minority group on time basis then we can
                    consider ur option.

                    Aabeesh Jose
                    ======================
                    From the desk of the Moderator:

                    Dear Abeesh
                    (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. NO FURTHER POSTING WILL BE ENTERTAINED. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

                    --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Varghese wrote:

                    > Dear Elias
                    >
                    > You are admitting that Your trustee agreed to give the parish hall on
                    > another day for IOC.( this point was missing in your message given on
                    > 7th in this forum ) Then after conducting your Idavaka sangamam,
                    > retraction from that promise is not a correct way.
                  • Johnson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 27, 2008
                      Dear Mr. Thomas Varghese,

                      You have stated that Piravom church is a shared one. I do not know
                      how did you write like this. The break away group of Piravom already
                      have their own church and Parish hall. Though they are trying to
                      create problems every now and then, till date St. Mary's Valiyapally
                      is managed by the True Syrian Orthodox Jacobites. Had you read Mr.
                      Sabu Alias' mail thoroughly you could see that the trustee agreed to
                      consider the matter only.

                      If you are a peace maker why you did not stand up for the Jacobites
                      at your Kattapram church, Kayamkulam church, Thrikkunnathu Seminary,
                      Puthuppally church etc. Why did you praise those who have driven
                      away the faithful by might and money?

                      If you are a God fearing person I am sure you cannot be there in
                      that treacherous group who tries to belittle and malign their own
                      constitutional church head. You should know that the Catholicose
                      faction's 1934 bible's first verse says what. You may interpret that
                      your forefathers were great lawyers and they knew that if they did
                      not make this statement in the by-law they would loose all the
                      properties including Pazhaya Seminary, Parumala Seminary etc which
                      are registered for those who are under the Patriarch of Antioch.
                      After filing cases against H.H now they are inviting the Armenian
                      Catholicose. These tricks will work out in this world only and on
                      the day when you stand for the Final Judgement no 1934 bible can
                      save you. Had St.Gregorious of Parumala outlived Pulikkottil
                      Thirumeni Malankara church's history would not have been the same.

                      Let us co exist in peace. Let the majority rule the church and the
                      minority get compensated.

                      In his love
                      Johnson #2335

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 27, 2008
                        You are a misguided IOCian by your leadership. First of all Piravom church is not a shared one. It is aJacobite church. God has shown that grace to Piravom people that no such venom entered the Holy church. second thing One of our Trustee was present in the RDO meeting. You should know the background of that meeting. On 5th October we planned the Idavaka Sangamam.After these, inorder to make problem (for Gods sake you make an enquiry in and around Piravom . You will be quite a humilated IOCian by knowing the activities of Mar Athanasius of MPZ,Fr. John Konat and Fr. John Mankidi, who still repeats the comment "I will make the Piravom church closed), the IOC ian planned their Meeting on the same day. Now they pressed the Civil admin for dialogue. The point was that we planned the meeting first. The problem creators (IOC) succeeded in bringing our church to a dialogue on these. On 5th October RDO conducted another meeting in which he threatened to ban our rally . Our Trustee is not a crooked man as Fr. Mankidi. In order to conduct the planned program (You know, almost 10,000 Idavaka people attended the rally) he told RDO (As IOCians are propagating there was no Agreement) to consider to give the Parish hall .

                        But the crooked people of IOC want to utilise it to accomplish their final goal at Piravom- to Close Piravom Church !!. (Satan will not like worshipping God). They Selected october 19th itself for these(there was not such date reference in the RDO meeting, you may check it yourself with RDO). It was a multi pronged strategy. If there is no resistance from Jacobites they will enter the church (Parish Hall is very near to the Church and there was a marriage reception on that day in the Parish hall), do some violence and make it closed. If there is resistance, still they will utilise the Goonda people (there were a lot in the rally even from Champakkara. The nasty thing was that there were even Muslims, one of whom we caught in the church compound on October 19th) to make violence. If Police utilise force Manorama can be utilised to proove the IOCian theory ,that the arrival of HH patriarch spreads violence in Kerala!!. How is the Crookedness of the IOCians.

                        Now sir let me ask you some questions If IOC wanted to conduct Idavaka Sangamam of Piravom Valiyapally why they bought people from Chengannur, Puthupally, Kizmuri, Kadamattom, Pampakuda etc .. ?(still you managed to bring <500 people). The answer is that there is not enough strength for IOC to conduct a Rally at Piravom, moreover majority of Piravom IOCians do not like violence and they cannot think of closing the mother Church, eventhough they are praying in the chappel.

                        Why you stressed to get Valiyapalli Parish hall ,while IOC has got there own church and parish hall at Piravom?.

                        If IOC wanted to make a peaceful Rally why Fr. Joseph Mankidi repeated his satanic comment during his "Sermon" at Nechoor Church on October 19th?

                        What was the need of big logs in the hands of the believers of the IOC rally on october 19th?

                        Please see the IOC rally clip (If possible I will attach a more clear clip soon) and tell me IF IOC teaches its priests to attack the Holy Thorose?

                        In IOC Church will you allow ladies and other laymen to enter the Thronose? (from the available clips you may not be able to see ladies . But if you want, come to Valiyapally ,we will show you the full Rally)

                        What wrong St. Elias third did to IOC? Why You throw Saints Photo from the Kurisadi (Come to Piravom, the Kurisadi is not yet repaired. You will be astonished to see the damage, IOC made to a HOLY place)

                        What wrong Christ did to IOC?. Why those 'great' pople toppled the Cross inside the Kurisadi and threw the 'Virikoottam' to the road? (Do you know the importance of these holy symbols?)

                        Finally why we didnot allow IOC to use our Parish hall .... WE know the Great MA&KA association. Now more gangerous Fr. Mankidi joined them. See what they did to a Kurisadi infront of Police and Public. Now you assume what they would have done to the holy church in the absence of Police and Genral Public. We knew it .and our Lord listned to the prayer and fast of some of our believers. He send us severe rain on October 19th so that all the IOCian satanic plot foiled... Those people among IOCian who are ready to open their eyes would have seen the miracle happened on october 19th. Twice IOC pulled back their rally to the Chappel due to heavy Rain .Third time, eventhoug there was no rain for the first 3-5 minuts, thereafter heavy rain lashed on the pride of the IOCians for whole two hours. But the Function at ernakulam was not at all affected, as there was only slight rain at EKM that after 7pm.!!. And would you check what happened to the man from Thodupuzha who gave case against the last visit of HH and who were pesent at Piravom to attack the Kurisadi?

                        Hey man from October 19th onwards I am ashamed of talking to an IOCian. But still pray for you.

                        Sabu Alias
                        # 3323
                      • John Joseph
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
                          Thomas

                          I totally agree, Chriatian thinking is not a fight, its a co existance and give away. We are not taking the church when we die nor we are not adding a feather if we hurt any one for church politics. Please correct me if I am wrong.

                          Regards
                          John Joseph
                          # 4011
                        • Alex John
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
                            Dear Sabu Elias Sir,

                            Can you tell me, What is the stand of Fr Simon Vallikkattil[orthodx
                            faction vicar of Piravom church], correct me if i am wrong in this
                            issue? I have never heard his name any where in the paper reports nor tv
                            reports. Only Joseph mankidi's name is mentioned all over.

                            Alex John
                            bangalore
                          • Alex John
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
                              Hi All,

                              My father's cousin is a Methran faction follower from Piravom,
                              i got an opportunity to talk with him. He is there in methran faction
                              for long long years.He told me that there are few families in Piravom
                              which belongs to methran faction. They were in methran faction even
                              before our ex:bishop(Moovattupuzha) switched the side. He told me he
                              was totally against the attack done by methran faction followers[?]
                              at piravom palli kurishuthotti. More oever Jacobite faction is the
                              vast majority in the piravom church, and let them rule the church and
                              also they[original methran faction] dont want to create any problems
                              in piravom church. They are ready to accept the majority decisions.
                              If some one is not willing to accept the decisions they can move out
                              of the church. Methran faction has a small church at piravom. But for
                              all the main festivals and the famous "12 paithangalude nercha" these
                              original methran faction people used to go to piravom church and
                              attend the prayers. So from this what we understood is few people
                              with vested minds are only trying to create tension in piravom. Our
                              humble request to those guyz is to follow the path of original
                              methran faction people at piravom.

                              Alex John
                              Bangalore
                            • Sabu Alias
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                                Dear Alex John sir,

                                I think you are refering to Fr. Simon Chellikkattil Cor -Eppiscopa. He is the vicar of Our church. Regarding Fr. Vattakkattil , he is neutral now.

                                Sabu Alias