Re: When can we unite again? - BPC college piravom

  • Alex John
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2008
      Hi brothers,

      It is a shocking info for all the Jacobites. Mr Sabu Elias has clearly mentioned that what is happening in BPC college piravom. Is it a college of Jacobite church? Am really doubtful now. I also belong to Kandanad diocese and so many from my church also contributed for the construction of that college. All those poor faithful who donated money for the college are cheated, if this info is correct. They all whole heartedly accepted the opening of a college in piravom, because it belongs to jacobite church. But what we understood from Sabu Elias mail? The people who had given money for the college are not landlord or billionaires, but normal farmers. They had given it only because of their true love to the holy church. But what happened now? If the information is correct who allowed those lecturers to speak hatred against our Bava thirumeni in public
      after enjoying all facilities from the same Bava thirumeni. A Malayalam saying for this "Paalu kodutha kaikku thanee kadikkuka". We all know that they[Methran faction] are doing their level best to attack our bava thirumeni. But is it acceptable to allow those fellows to do the same in our colleges too? At any cost this should be stopped. Might be our Holy synod is not aware of this. I dont have any connection with Patriarch Center in Puthencruz. So any respected memeber in this community who has some connections with Patriarch Center in Puthencruz can bring this into the notice of our Bava Thirumeni and
      Holy Synod.

      Alex John
      St Peters & St Pauls JSO church. Bangalore
    • Sabu Alias
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
        Brother Alex ,

        Thankyou for the concern, But dont think that the college does not belong to Jacobites. Somehow a number of Metran faction teachers got job in our college. Surely there is a lapse from our leaders. The information I got is that they gave money; may be at that time Church needed money. But God blessed many jacobites with his wealth, which they are ready to donate for noble cause. Our leaders should not have taken money from these people and allow them to tarnish the church and itsĀ  Catholicose. I am very sad to understand that these teachers donot take part in the 'Srathha Perunnal' which is conducted in the college. Whenever and wherever they get an opportunity they are happy to ridicule our bava by calling "shrestan " in a bad tone. Now I can only pray for those people for good sense. Let God give them the wisdom to teach the students sincerely.(One of my relative doubted if these teachers would be ever sincere to the college and students?)

        Sabu Alias
        # 3323
      • Rinsam
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
          When our spiritual fathers (church heirarchy/leaders )behave like Christ
          (read Christ's humility and Greatness in Philip Chapt.2 versus 3-11)
          unity among churches in India is Possible especially between the two
          factions of orthodox church in Malankara. our laymen should also
          refrain from accusations/ counter accusations.Forgetting Christ and his
          teachings are the causes of disunity.A person will reap what he sows.
          (Galathians 6:7)we should do good to every one,and especially to those
          who belong to our family in faith(galath 6:10)Let us follow what we
          have been taught by the apostles;then our chruch become apostolic.this
          means unity in Christ.

          rinsam

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mgk Mgk wrote:

          > I am personally very much dissatisfied by the attitude of the church
          leaders of both fractions of the Orthodox Church. They are not taking
          any positive measures for unification process.