Re: When can we unite again?

  • Shibu
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
      Its better that let it go the natural way, the Indian Orthdox are
      trying to Indianise the Syrian Orthodox faith. In fact, it is not
      a process of Indianising, rather saffronisation of the Indian
      Christians, so that they remain 'Subjects and Puppets' of the
      Indian Far Right.

      This realisation is not yet struck the Indian Orthodox people, only
      once they realise the 'Hidden Agenda' of the Far Right, they will
      realise the reasons why they get the support them from behind, be it
      in the form of Govt. or the Embassies or whatever.

      Thanks

      Shibu
      # 4119

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mgk Mgk wrote:

      > I am personally very much dissatisfied by the attitude of the
      church leaders of both fractions of the Orthodox Church. They are
      not taking any positive measures for unification process.

    • Sabu Alias
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
        Dear moderators

        How can we unite with those who think that they are eligible to
        correct even the bible? In order to crucify christ again and again
        they are trying their level best to create problems in our
        churches.In this crucial time of christian torture in the various
        parts of India, they are not praying or thinking in the right track ;
        instead trying to make christianity a mockery. On October 5 the
        Piravom parish (Piravom Valiya Pally ) is organising a "Kudumba
        Sangamam" - the annual day celebration of all the family units, in
        the church compound. The parish is planning to give reception to our
        Sreshta Bava and other Thirumenis. The event is well Pre planned. Now
        the Metran faction is trying to create problem for the event. Thay
        have given wide publicity that there will be problem during the
        meeting (this is a trick which is taken to reduce the women
        participation in the meeting). Moreover they have also planned a
        meeting on the same day (october 5). Now the administration is
        stepping in and even the RDO has asked the parish to shift the venue
        from Church compound!

        This is the typical mind set of an IOCian. Simply create problems
        just like politicians. Let majority of the belivers go to
        Pentacostal wings, they want church properties. Belief is not
        problem but property is a problem !!. How can we unite with these
        mammon worshippers?

        NB: Unfortunately some of our leadres are helping these people.I
        will give you an example. Piravom BPC college has several Metran
        Kashi teachers!!. They are publically telling all type of rubbish
        about our BAVA and other Thirumenis,they are acting detrimental to
        church interests; but teaching in our college. How did it happen?
        It is pathetic to know that in the Physics Department only one or
        two teachers belong to our sabha; all others are IOCians. Amazing
        isnot it?

        Sabu Alias
        # 3323
      • Alex John
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2008
          Hi brothers,

          It is a shocking info for all the Jacobites. Mr Sabu Elias has clearly mentioned that what is happening in BPC college piravom. Is it a college of Jacobite church? Am really doubtful now. I also belong to Kandanad diocese and so many from my church also contributed for the construction of that college. All those poor faithful who donated money for the college are cheated, if this info is correct. They all whole heartedly accepted the opening of a college in piravom, because it belongs to jacobite church. But what we understood from Sabu Elias mail? The people who had given money for the college are not landlord or billionaires, but normal farmers. They had given it only because of their true love to the holy church. But what happened now? If the information is correct who allowed those lecturers to speak hatred against our Bava thirumeni in public
          after enjoying all facilities from the same Bava thirumeni. A Malayalam saying for this "Paalu kodutha kaikku thanee kadikkuka". We all know that they[Methran faction] are doing their level best to attack our bava thirumeni. But is it acceptable to allow those fellows to do the same in our colleges too? At any cost this should be stopped. Might be our Holy synod is not aware of this. I dont have any connection with Patriarch Center in Puthencruz. So any respected memeber in this community who has some connections with Patriarch Center in Puthencruz can bring this into the notice of our Bava Thirumeni and
          Holy Synod.

          Alex John
          St Peters & St Pauls JSO church. Bangalore
        • Sabu Alias
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
            Brother Alex ,

            Thankyou for the concern, But dont think that the college does not belong to Jacobites. Somehow a number of Metran faction teachers got job in our college. Surely there is a lapse from our leaders. The information I got is that they gave money; may be at that time Church needed money. But God blessed many jacobites with his wealth, which they are ready to donate for noble cause. Our leaders should not have taken money from these people and allow them to tarnish the church and its  Catholicose. I am very sad to understand that these teachers donot take part in the 'Srathha Perunnal' which is conducted in the college. Whenever and wherever they get an opportunity they are happy to ridicule our bava by calling "shrestan " in a bad tone. Now I can only pray for those people for good sense. Let God give them the wisdom to teach the students sincerely.(One of my relative doubted if these teachers would be ever sincere to the college and students?)

            Sabu Alias
            # 3323
          • Rinsam
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
              When our spiritual fathers (church heirarchy/leaders )behave like Christ
              (read Christ's humility and Greatness in Philip Chapt.2 versus 3-11)
              unity among churches in India is Possible especially between the two
              factions of orthodox church in Malankara. our laymen should also
              refrain from accusations/ counter accusations.Forgetting Christ and his
              teachings are the causes of disunity.A person will reap what he sows.
              (Galathians 6:7)we should do good to every one,and especially to those
              who belong to our family in faith(galath 6:10)Let us follow what we
              have been taught by the apostles;then our chruch become apostolic.this
              means unity in Christ.

              rinsam