Offerings like the Shape of Arm, Leg, Eye, Man & Women, Pullum Praavum, etc..

  • Laiju M Alias
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      Dear all,

      Is it allowed in SOC tradition to offer shapes of leg, eye, arm, man &
      woman, dove etc made in silver and gold. In many of our churchers these
      are offerings and also available in church stalls.

      Kind regards and Prayers

      Laiju M Alias
    • Apu Jose
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2008
        Dear readers,

        Please read 1 samuel Chapters 5 and 6. In this we can see
        that Philistines (heathens of Old testment) gives offerings of golden
        mice and warts , obeying the advice of the priest of their god ( false
        god ). All the offerings were given to the true God Yahweh (God of the
        Israelites).

        In the New Testment context , I think these kind of offerings can be made by people of other religion to the True God ie The Father , Son and the Holy Spirit. I don't know whether this can be done by worshippers of True God ie Christians.

        With prayers
        Apu Jose
        Ernakulam