Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1395 , Oct 2, 2008
      "...the foolish man loves himself and cannot love his brother or God; he can neither refrain from pleasure or from the desires that give him satisfaction, nor can he endure pain. Sometimes he gets what he wants, and then he is filled with pleasure and elation; sometimes he does not get it and, completely dominated by the pain this engenders, he is cast down and dejected, experiencing a foretaste of hell."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1395 of 1395 , May 26

        "When you see the cross, know and believe that you are seeing Christ enthroned on it; when you pray before the cross, believe that you are doing so concerning Christ our God and not with inanimate matter. For it is Christ Who receives the veneration you offer before the cross; and it is He Who hears the supplications of your mouth and fulfills the desires of your heart, which you ask with faith. Whoever does not honor the cross, or insults it, insults Christ Himself."

           St. Nerses Shnorhali.

        "Lord, where are Your former lovingkindnesses, Which You swore to David in Your truth?"  Psalm 89:49

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith