When can we unite again?

  • Mgk Mgk
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
      I am personally very much dissatisfied by the attitude of the church leaders of both fractions of the Orthodox Church. They are not taking any positive measures for unification process.

      I still hope that a round table talk can change all these tensions.

      mgkkly
      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:
      (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
    • Shibu
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
        Its better that let it go the natural way, the Indian Orthdox are
        trying to Indianise the Syrian Orthodox faith. In fact, it is not
        a process of Indianising, rather saffronisation of the Indian
        Christians, so that they remain 'Subjects and Puppets' of the
        Indian Far Right.

        This realisation is not yet struck the Indian Orthodox people, only
        once they realise the 'Hidden Agenda' of the Far Right, they will
        realise the reasons why they get the support them from behind, be it
        in the form of Govt. or the Embassies or whatever.

        Thanks

        Shibu
        # 4119

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mgk Mgk wrote:

        > I am personally very much dissatisfied by the attitude of the
        church leaders of both fractions of the Orthodox Church. They are
        not taking any positive measures for unification process.

      • Sabu Alias
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
          Dear moderators

          How can we unite with those who think that they are eligible to
          correct even the bible? In order to crucify christ again and again
          they are trying their level best to create problems in our
          churches.In this crucial time of christian torture in the various
          parts of India, they are not praying or thinking in the right track ;
          instead trying to make christianity a mockery. On October 5 the
          Piravom parish (Piravom Valiya Pally ) is organising a "Kudumba
          Sangamam" - the annual day celebration of all the family units, in
          the church compound. The parish is planning to give reception to our
          Sreshta Bava and other Thirumenis. The event is well Pre planned. Now
          the Metran faction is trying to create problem for the event. Thay
          have given wide publicity that there will be problem during the
          meeting (this is a trick which is taken to reduce the women
          participation in the meeting). Moreover they have also planned a
          meeting on the same day (october 5). Now the administration is
          stepping in and even the RDO has asked the parish to shift the venue
          from Church compound!

          This is the typical mind set of an IOCian. Simply create problems
          just like politicians. Let majority of the belivers go to
          Pentacostal wings, they want church properties. Belief is not
          problem but property is a problem !!. How can we unite with these
          mammon worshippers?

          NB: Unfortunately some of our leadres are helping these people.I
          will give you an example. Piravom BPC college has several Metran
          Kashi teachers!!. They are publically telling all type of rubbish
          about our BAVA and other Thirumenis,they are acting detrimental to
          church interests; but teaching in our college. How did it happen?
          It is pathetic to know that in the Physics Department only one or
          two teachers belong to our sabha; all others are IOCians. Amazing
          isnot it?

          Sabu Alias
          # 3323
        • Alex John
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2008
            Hi brothers,

            It is a shocking info for all the Jacobites. Mr Sabu Elias has clearly mentioned that what is happening in BPC college piravom. Is it a college of Jacobite church? Am really doubtful now. I also belong to Kandanad diocese and so many from my church also contributed for the construction of that college. All those poor faithful who donated money for the college are cheated, if this info is correct. They all whole heartedly accepted the opening of a college in piravom, because it belongs to jacobite church. But what we understood from Sabu Elias mail? The people who had given money for the college are not landlord or billionaires, but normal farmers. They had given it only because of their true love to the holy church. But what happened now? If the information is correct who allowed those lecturers to speak hatred against our Bava thirumeni in public
            after enjoying all facilities from the same Bava thirumeni. A Malayalam saying for this "Paalu kodutha kaikku thanee kadikkuka". We all know that they[Methran faction] are doing their level best to attack our bava thirumeni. But is it acceptable to allow those fellows to do the same in our colleges too? At any cost this should be stopped. Might be our Holy synod is not aware of this. I dont have any connection with Patriarch Center in Puthencruz. So any respected memeber in this community who has some connections with Patriarch Center in Puthencruz can bring this into the notice of our Bava Thirumeni and
            Holy Synod.

            Alex John
            St Peters & St Pauls JSO church. Bangalore
          • Sabu Alias
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
              Brother Alex ,

              Thankyou for the concern, But dont think that the college does not belong to Jacobites. Somehow a number of Metran faction teachers got job in our college. Surely there is a lapse from our leaders. The information I got is that they gave money; may be at that time Church needed money. But God blessed many jacobites with his wealth, which they are ready to donate for noble cause. Our leaders should not have taken money from these people and allow them to tarnish the church and its  Catholicose. I am very sad to understand that these teachers donot take part in the 'Srathha Perunnal' which is conducted in the college. Whenever and wherever they get an opportunity they are happy to ridicule our bava by calling "shrestan " in a bad tone. Now I can only pray for those people for good sense. Let God give them the wisdom to teach the students sincerely.(One of my relative doubted if these teachers would be ever sincere to the college and students?)

              Sabu Alias
              # 3323
            • Rinsam
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
                When our spiritual fathers (church heirarchy/leaders )behave like Christ
                (read Christ's humility and Greatness in Philip Chapt.2 versus 3-11)
                unity among churches in India is Possible especially between the two
                factions of orthodox church in Malankara. our laymen should also
                refrain from accusations/ counter accusations.Forgetting Christ and his
                teachings are the causes of disunity.A person will reap what he sows.
                (Galathians 6:7)we should do good to every one,and especially to those
                who belong to our family in faith(galath 6:10)Let us follow what we
                have been taught by the apostles;then our chruch become apostolic.this
                means unity in Christ.

                rinsam