H H Abded Mesiha & H H Abdulla

  • Sajy Thannikkottu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2008
      I happened to read one book about Christianity in India written by a
      Catholic priest Fr Injakalodi. In which he has written H H Abdulla was
      an RC priest and he returned to SOC as he was offered the position of
      Patriarch. Whereas H H Abded Mesiha was removed by Turkey Sultan and
      later joined RC church following a dispute which nobody knows. However
      after the death, H H Abded Mesiha's body was taken by his relatives
      for last ceremony as per SOC rituals.

      I would like to get SOC's view, not for a debate but to know the other
      side.

      Regards

      Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
      # 2912
      From the desk of moderators

      Moreover it is totally erroneous to claim that he was buried with the honor of a Patriarch. Georgy has very selectively used words to allude to this idea of the IO propaganda. He was buried among the tombs where the monks were buried and not in the exclusive Beth Qadishe reserved for the Patriarchs. V. Rev. Dr. Kuriakose Thottupuram from Chicago visited the monastery last year and has recorded this truth. (Read his article in Indian Orthodox Herald Malayalam Vol.1, No.44 - May 15, 2005). His burial among the tombs of the monks in an unmarked tomb itself proves that all the counter arguments of IO writers on his canonicity, strength and support, claims of being rival/senior Patriarch, lack of synodal removal, etc., do not have any merit.
      - Unquote

      Please read The Canonical Position of Patriarch Abdul Messiah II by Very Rev. Kuriakose Moolayil Corepiscopos
      http://www.socmnet.org/Malankaras_Mythical_Minefields_14.htm