Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1390 , Sep 30, 2008
      "Hearers of the Holy Gospels, let us listen to John the Divine. For he who said, 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God' (John 1:1), went on to say. 'and the Word was made flesh' (John 1:14). For neither is it holy to worship the mere man, nor religious to say that He is God only without the Manhood. For if Christ is God, as indeed He is, but took not human nature upon Him, we are strangers to salvation. Let us then worship Him as God, but believe that He was also made Man. For neither is there any profit in calling Him man without Godhead, nor any salvation in refusing to confess the Manhood together with the Godhead. Let us confess the presence of Him who is both King and Physician. For Jesus the King when about to become our Physician, 'girded Himself with the linen' of humanity (John 13:4), and healed that which was sick. The perfect Teacher of babes became a babe among babes, that He might give wisdom to the foolish. The Bread of heaven ca

      me down on earth that He might feed the hungry."

      St. Cyril of Jerusalem.

      "A fool despises his father's instruction, But he who receives correction is prudent." Proverbs 15:5
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1390 of 1390 , May 19 7:59 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "God's saints value more than any of us the great act of the redemption of mankind by God, the descent of the Son of God from heaven, His teaching, likewise, His sufferings, death, burial, resurrection, and ascension into heaven; for they spent all their lives in working out their own and others' salvation, sincerely, firmly, infallibly, with their whole hearts; for the sake of their own and others' salvation, they renounced themselves, fasted, prayed, watched, wrestled, labored in deed and word with their intellect and pen. But we do not understand how to value such great acts; we are cold, distracted, heedless, and are more occupied with the visible world and of its good, which are but smoke."

           St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me!"  Psalm 40:13

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith