Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1912 , Sep 30, 2008
      "Hearers of the Holy Gospels, let us listen to John the Divine. For he who said, 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God' (John 1:1), went on to say. 'and the Word was made flesh' (John 1:14). For neither is it holy to worship the mere man, nor religious to say that He is God only without the Manhood. For if Christ is God, as indeed He is, but took not human nature upon Him, we are strangers to salvation. Let us then worship Him as God, but believe that He was also made Man. For neither is there any profit in calling Him man without Godhead, nor any salvation in refusing to confess the Manhood together with the Godhead. Let us confess the presence of Him who is both King and Physician. For Jesus the King when about to become our Physician, 'girded Himself with the linen' of humanity (John 13:4), and healed that which was sick. The perfect Teacher of babes became a babe among babes, that He might give wisdom to the foolish. The Bread of heaven ca

      me down on earth that He might feed the hungry."

      St. Cyril of Jerusalem.

      "A fool despises his father's instruction, But he who receives correction is prudent." Proverbs 15:5
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jul 12 5:51 PM

        "We must pray that we may be constantly and firmly assured in our hearts that everything we have - both of soul and body, in prosperity and adversity, and all our possessions as well as all the circumstances of our life - come from God, from His Power, and not from nature or chance, or from ourselves. If you cease praying to God, you will soon forget your Benefactor, Creator, and Lord, and in forgetting Him you will fall into every evil. Therefore, you see that prayer always brings you real benefit."

        St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God."  Hebrews 3:4

        The Bible reading for the 6th of Abib, July 13, is:
        1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. 2 Then He said to them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. 4 Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. 5 But whatever house you enter, first say, `Peace to this house.' 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. 9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, `The kingdom of God has come near to you.' 10 But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 11 `The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.' 12 But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city. 13 Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades. 16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me. 17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name. 18 And He said to them, I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven. (Luke 10:1-20)
        Martyrdom of St. Aoulimpas, the Apostle.
        Martyrdom of St. Theodosia and her companions.

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Abib, July 14, is: Mark 9:33-41
        Departure of St. Shenouda (Shenoute), the Archimandrite.
        Martyrdom of St Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, in Rome.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.