New ruthless strategies to block His Holiness’s visits by IOC

  • Paul Pothen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2008
      Rally & Meeting at Piravom parish at the same time

      Once again Malankara Orthodox wing is coming out with a new strategy to create tension in northern dioceses by announcing to conduct a parallel rally and meeting at Piravom on October 5 evening, the same day in which our people had arranged a rally and meeting in connection with the edavaka sangamam and anniversary of the formation of kudumba units in Piravom edavaka. This meeting of ours was arranged and announced many many weeks back itself, whereas the opposite groups meeting was announced only two days back. Look at the persons who are leading that rally and meeting of that Malankara Orthodox wing. Mathews Severios and Thomas Athanasius of kandanad !!!. They are also claiming that they are conducting a united meeting and rally of their Kanadand, kochi and Angmaly dioceses, together at Piravom.

      If it is not for creating an artificial tension, why else they have planned for a rally and meeting at the same date and time we conduct.

      In my opinion all this has to be seen in the context of the forthcoming Patriarchal visit of His Holiness. I strongly doubt that this extremist group of Malankara orthodox wing is desperately planning to create a blockade for the patriarchal visit, this time adopting a new method.

      During all the earlier patriarchal visits, this group has adopted ruthless strategies to block His Holiness’s visits through their higher level influence and other means, but had never succeeded at all. In reality all these oppositions had created only a negative impact for the Malankara Orthodox wing itself. May be learning from the past (under advice from their present niyukthan), this group, is trying to lie low this time. But now with announcement of conducting a parallel rally, some hardcore leaders of Malankara Orthodox wing is again trying to rake up any non-issues. In this situation it is the duty of all our people to be very vigilant and submissive to the extent possible.

      Paul Pothen
      Ernakulam
      # 3305