Kozhencherry origin of IOC elect, V.S. & some facts

  • Paul Pothen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2008
      I read a letter from Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu, in SOCM forum advising Visawasasamrakshakan editorial to correct the nativity of one yeldho Ramban elected recently by IOC. I think Sajy has been mislead by reading some IOC magazines like Malankara Orthodox Almayavedi while questioning the authenticity of reports from V.S. Sorry to mention that I have found such mistakes many times in many magazines published by IOC earlier also.

      Actually this Ramban is from Kozhencherry. His native place is that. He and his parents settled at Palakkad very lately, his parental family is originally from south kerala. If there is any doubt just enquire with Church officials at Develokam or parishes at Kozhencherry.

      Moreover his original name is not Yeldho, he changed it to that only about a year or two back when he was ordained ramban by IOC. His original name is some thing like Mathews (sorry, i am not sure) and that was his name while being a priest. He is heading the Vettikkal dayara for quite some time which is from 1970-s is under IOC occupation. The general talk some time back was that he accepted that name in the hope that he will be ordained bishop for Angamali or Kochi where lot of people have a great feeling for the name yeldho. Last time also he contested but failed to go through, but this time he will be made a bishop for IOC.

      As far as IOC is concerned he is a good administrative bishop. But the poor Jacobites suffered a lot in vettikkal area, after this Ramban made strict instructions that all the Jacobite students attending his school at Vettikkal must strictly attend IOC sunday school which the poor parents could not object to under compulsion. It was indeed a conversion attempt offerring certain benefits to the poor. (In that area IOC people are very few and vast majority of students where Jacobites). Finally it was the great efforts of  Mor Theophilos Thirumeni of our seminary at Vettikkal which became a helpful hand to those poor students  with the starting of a school under seminary where he admitted all these poor students without any fees. After this most of the students left IOC school run at vettikkal and now most of the students of the village is studying in Vettikkal seminary school. Also Theophilos thirumeni, a few years back, took over another government school at vettikkal which was under the threat of closure. Thirumeni has also started a clinic in seminary compunds. Without the timely intervention of our thirumeni, the whole village of Vettikkal, particularly the school going students may have been forced to change their ancestoral beliefs under pressure. Thanks to his great efforts.

      Paul Pothen
      Ernakulam
      # 3305

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Sajy Thannikkottu wrote:

      > I read an article on newly elected MOC Bishop Candidates in the latest
      > VISWASASAMRAKSHAKAN. I would like to correct its editorial team that
      > all candidates are not from South Kerala but one of its candidates, V.
      > Rev. Eldo Ramban is from Palakkad Dist or precisely from St.Gregorios
      > Orthodox Church, Thenidukku. I happened to read such mistakes in
      > earlier editions also. I request its editorial team to provide more
      > authentic information in the intersession of St. Athanasius Paulose
      > (Valiya Thirumeni)
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
      > # 2912
    • Issac K Joseph
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2008
        Mr. Paul Pothen

        Thanks for exposing this IO Church tricks & gimmick. They borrow the
        SOC Names, attire, culture, name etc. for their benefit and after
        their need they betray the Holy Church.

        Don't blame them, they are just following their forefathers foot
        steps only.

        Recently, in the net I saw one more gimmick from the betrayers of the
        Holy Church. They borrow the name of the Holy Church and confusing
        the world and poor faithful. Please see this link –
        http://stephremolympia.blogspot.com what a dirty fellows they are?
        Shame on them and their ……? What qualification they got to use this
        Holy Name????

        There is good saying in Malayalam which suites for those who are
        behind this barbaric action but I don't want to type it here and
        humiliate myself.

        Issac K Joseph
        # 0917

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Paul Pothen wrote:

        > I read a letter from Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu, in SOCM forum
        advising Visawasasamrakshakan editorial to correct the nativity of
        one yeldho Ramban elected recently by IOC. I think Sajy has been
        mislead by reading some IOC magazines like Malankara Orthodox
        Almayavedi while questioning the authenticity of reports from V.S.
        Sorry to mention that I have found such mistakes many times in many
        magazines published by IOC earlier also.

      • Sajy Thannikkottu
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
          V Rev Eldo Ramban's previous name is P S Yohannan Ramban. Their family
          was migrated near to Panthalampadam, Palakkad district in 1960s (I
          think) & engaged in farming. He has done his education in Ayakkad
          School, Vadakkenchery, Palakkad dist & S N College, Alathur, Palakkad
          Dist.

          His family (brothers, parents, parent's brothers, etc) is staying in
          the same place even today & is engaged in agriculture mainly. I don't
          term a person migrated to Malabar even before my birth a South Keralite.

          Otherwise we have to say Sonia Gandhi is an Italian, K R Narayanan's
          wife Usha Narayanan is Bhutanese not Indians and sons& daughters of
          Knayi Thoman are still Syrians not Indians. And we have to call
          Keralites as Tamilians or North Indian Aryans as I think People in
          Kerala were Aryans from Tamilnadu & other places of India

          Regards

          Sajy Thannikkottu
          # 2912