India's National Anthem is best in the world: UNESCO

  • Salem Voice Ministries
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2008
      New Delhi, SVM News, September 25, 2008: UNESCO announces that the
      Indian national Anthem "Jana Gana Mana ...." is the best National
      Anthem in the world.

      Jana Gana Mana was written in Sanskritised Bengali, it is the first
      of five stanzas of a Brahmo hymn composed and scored by Nobel
      laureate Rebinder Nath Tagore.

      It was first sung at the Calcutta Session of the Indian National
      Congress, on 27 December 1911. The Constituent Assembly officially
      adopted this song as the Indian National Anthem on 24 January 1950.

      The music for the current version is said to be derived from a
      composition for the song by Ramsing Thakur, although some dispute
      this.

      A formal rendition of Jana Gana Mana takes about forty-eight to
      fifty-two seconds.

      INDIA'S NATIONAL ANTHEM

      Jana Gana Mana Adhinayaka Jaya He
      Bharata Bhagya Vidhata

      Punjaba Sindhu Gujaratha Marata
      Dravida Utkala Banga
      Vindhya Himachala Yamuna Ganga
      Ucchala Jaladhy Taranga

      Tava Subha Name Jage
      Tava Subha Ashisha Mage
      Gahe Tava Jaya Gatha

      Jana Gana Mangala Dayaka Jaya He
      Bharata Bhagya Vidhata

      Jaya He Jaya He Jaya He
      Jaya Jaya Jaya Jaya He

      (by Paul Ciniraj Mohamed, A humble Indian, but proud of being an
      Indian)
    • Laby Andrews
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2008
        I searched in UNESCO website before forwarding this to any one else
        but couldn't find any info about this news.

        According to this story, UNESCO (United Nations Educational,
        Scientific and Cultural Organization), has announced that the Indian
        National Anthem is the best in the world.
        Indian Flag
        Claims that UNESCO has chosen the Indian National Anthem as the best
        in the world appear to be unfounded
        The story is currently circulating via email, and has also been posted
        to many blogs and forums, especially those that target an Indian audience.

        However, I could not find any evidence whatsoever that confirms the
        rather fanciful claim in the message. There is nothing about such an
        announcement on the UNESCO website, nor are there any credible news
        reports that back up the claim in any way. If such an announcement was
        true, it seems very likely that it would have been widely reported -
        and one would suspect, hotly debated - in media outlets both in India
        and around the world.

        Thus, it seems apparent that the story is no more than another
        pointless Internet rumour with no basis in fact.

        As its name suggests, UNESCO conducts very important work on an
        international scale in the spheres of education, science and culture.
        Therefore, it seems extremely unlikely that UNESCO would waste its
        valuable time and resources on the rather frivolous, and ultimately
        meaningless, exercise of nominating the world's best national anthem.

        And, in any case, even if an organization did choose a particular
        country's anthem as the best in the world, it is doubtful that the
        choice would be given much credence by nations other than the supposed
        "winner". Just how "good" a particular national anthem might be
        considered is an extremely subjective matter. Quite understandably,
        patriots in many nations are apt to view their own anthem as "the
        best" and are unlikely to be swayed from this opinion by even an
        organization as prestigious as UNESCO.

        regards
        Laby Andrews

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Salem Voice Ministries wrote:

        > New Delhi, SVM News, September 25, 2008: UNESCO announces that the
        > Indian national Anthem "Jana Gana Mana ...." is the best National
        > Anthem in the world.

        From the desk of the Moderator:

        (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
      • Jubil Sason