Re: Church in Hubli, Karnataka ,churches of outside Kerala diocese

  • Alex John
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2008
      Dear Apu,

      I am fully agreeing with your comments, that the bigger churches can spend .1% of their income every month for the Jacobite people of outside Kerala, just to built one small worship place for their spiritual activities.

      There was one synod decision which is sent to all churches in malankara, to keep some 6% of their annual income for the marriage of poor girls and for building new churches out side kerala. Correct me if i am wrong. But i doubt that is implemented. There is one more reason behind this situation, i think.

      Outside Kerala diocese is not fully merged with our Kerala diocese, that process is going on under the supervision of our beloved H.B. Hope it will complete soon. Once that is done there can be some coordination among diocese, which helps the outside Kerala diocese. Pray for a fruitful outcome.

      Once our church vicar went for an outside Kerala diocese meeting, which is held at Goa. He met a Jacobite guy over there who is living there for a quite long time. Unfortunately there is no jacobite church in Goa. He never went to any other churches on Sundays for long long years, just because of those are not belongs to our Holy church. When he comes to Kerala he used to go to our church. I don't know how he survived all the time.

      I think our hierarchy should give immediate attention for constructing a church for the people like this.

      Alex John
      # 2321
      St Peters & St Pauls J.S.O church, Bglore