APPEAL - St. Peter’s Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, New Delhi

  • Saju C.Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2008
      Greetings!

      Dear Moderator,

      I am extremely happy to inform and Please find attached here with perunnal appeal in connection with dedicate the SOONORO of ST.MARY/HOLY RELIC in the St. Peter's Cathedral, New Delhi on 27/9/2008 by our HB. Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas 1st, the Catholicos.

      I am grateful to you, if you could kindly put this appeal in the SOCM forum for the knowledge of the members/people [especially former members of this Cathedral] around the world.

      With kind regards
      Yours sincerely,
      Saju C.Varghese
      Joint Convenor
      St.Peters Cathedral,
      New Delhi
      Mobile - 09891079836

      St. PETER’S JACOBITE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL
      (Eastern Cathedral of the Patriarch of Antioch)
      The Jacobite Syrian Christian Church – Outside Kerala Diocese
      1&2, Bhai Vir Singh Marg, New Delhi-110 001. Tel.23364740
      e-mail: jacobitesyriancathedraldelhi@...
      & st.peterscathedralnewdelhi@...

      September 08, 200

      APPEAL

      St. Peter’s Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, New Delhi, was established in the year 1976, then known, St. Gregorious Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church. The foundation stone of the Cathedral was blessed by the Supreme Head of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, the Patriarch of Antioch & All the East. The Cathedral was later elevated to the unique position of the Second Cathedral of the Patriarch, ‘Eastern Cathedral of the Patriarch of Antioch’.

      The temporary consecration of the Cathedral was conducted by our late lamented Aboon Mor Basalios Paulose II (blessed memory), the Catholicos of the East on 22nd February 1996. The Holy Mooron Consecration of the Cathedral was conducted by His Holiness the Patriarch on 29th September, 2004. Since then, this day is celebrated as “Holy Mooron Consecration Feast” of the Cathedral. God willing, this year the Cathedral celebrates the occasion from 27th to 29th September. His Beatitude Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas Ist, the Catholicos and Metropolitan Trustee of The Jacobite Syrian Christian Church, will bless the occasion and will dedicate the Soonoro of St. Mary/Holy Relic in our Cathedral thereby blessing whole of North India.

      In order to meet the expenses towards the above Feast and Dedication of Holy Relic, we propose to bring out a special supplement in the ‘Malayala Manorama’ and other publications. The tariff for the sponsorship/complements/‘Favours Received’ column is as follows:

      10 x 8 cms. Rs.20,000/-
      8 x 5 cms. Rs.10,000/-
      5 x 4 cms. Rs.5,000/-
      4 x 2 Cms. Rs.2,000/-

      Best Compliments (one line) Rs.1,000/-

      We solicit your prayerful whole-hearted co-operation and support to make this holy and memorable event a grand success. The matter/material for advertisement along with payments through cheque/DD, drawn in favour of “St. Peter’s Cathedral, New Delhi” may please be sent to us at the earliest. Your valuable orders could be placed through e-mail id of the Cathedral, given above.

      May God ‘Almighty’ shower his abundant blessings through the intercession of St. Mary, the Mother of God; St. Peter, the Chief of Apostles; and St. Gregorious of Chathuruthil (Parumala Thirumeni), Patron Saints of the Cathedral.

      Yours in His service,

      Fr. C M Markose
      Vicar & President.