Re: A revelation by orthodox his-torian

  • Cijoy Varghese
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2008
      Dear all

      I don't think we should go to extremes in crticising who are no longer withus.during his excommunication & aproval of it by court several discussions were held as how to cvercome crisis. You can read about this in biography of mamman mappila published by malayala manorama.

      We should give credit to the fact that bishop did not leave the syrian church which he could have easily done creating wealth also like many did later. but instead he went to the holy throne & got his excommunication revoked.

      Remember king DAVID never fought against king saul gods chosen one even when he knew that lord had´┐Żecommunicated king saul from all that he gave to him´┐Ż. Indian Orthodox church has also got several members who are dedicated in lords service. My recquest to every one is that when we fight please keep certain principles don't use alcoholic drinks when we participate in any church activity including protests. Rallies organised to stengthen our fight don't use bad words inside church against rival faction or even in public places before nonbelievers. I have seen people do both with time we have made peace with rome & maraman {marthoma faction} we have become friendly, I pray to see a day when we when we will make peace with with dignity & pride.

      Cjoy Varghese
      # 4067