John of Damascus

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2008
      The very harmony of creation, its preservation and governing, teach us that there is a God Who has put all this together and keeps it together. - John of Damascus

      From: The Way of the Fathers: Praying with the Early Christians
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2010
        Even though the gates of hell� will rise up against the church (i.e. the mouths of the heretics, the tools of the demons), they will not conquer the church; even though they will arm themselves, they will not defeat her.

        John of Damascus
        What the Church Fathers Say About
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2011
          I do not venerate matter, I venerate the fashioner of matter, who became matter for my sake and accepted to dwell in matter and through matter worked my salvation, and I will not cease from reverencing matter, through which my salvation was worked.

          John of Damascus, On the Divine Images
          Worshipping with the Church Fathers
        • Mark Sedrak
          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2011