HAPPY ONAM to each and every one

  • SOCM-FORUM Moderators
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008
      "Trees yield fruits for the benefit of mankind without any selfish motive.
      Rivers carry water for helping others.
      Cows yield milk for the good of others without any trace of selfishness.
      The human body is given for the purpose of helping others."
      (Sanskrit poem � Author Un known)

      Onam is the symbol of a never-ending, propitious hope. We celebrate Onam in memory of a time when hunger and poverty did not exist and people lived in love and harmony. We live in the hope that time will come again. This is a good conception. It is today's dream that becomes tomorrow's reality.

      "Maveli Nadu Vaneedum Kaalam, Manusharellarum onnu pole,
      Amothathode Vasikkum Kalam, Apathennarkkum Ottillathanum,
      Kallavumilla Chathiyumilla, Ellolamilla Polivachanam,
      Kallamparayum perunazhiyum, Kallatharangal Mattonnumilla"

      The meaning of the song is that, during the reign of King Mahabali, all the people were considered equal. All were living with great happiness. No one had any threats, challenges or danger to life. There were no falsehood or fraud. No one cheated others during those times. People never lied. There were no wrong measuring equipments and weights. No one cheats or wrongs the neighbour.

      Each one of us is a blossom in the Athapookkalams(Floral carpet), that is our society. The sweet nectar in this carpet is our devotion towards Almighty.

      HAPPY ONAM to each and every one.

      In Our Lord's Love
      SOCM-FORUM Moderators
    • Kochumon Mannicherry