Why Pray? (JOHN 15:5)

  • Saju C.Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2008
      Greetings to All!

      Why Pray? (JOHN 15:5)

      5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

      There are three reasons to pray: (1)for God's benefit, (2)for your benefit, and (3)for the benefit of others.

      (1)To Benefit God

      Just as earthly parents enjoy talking with their child, our Heavenly Father enjoys hearing from you.

      Also, God desires certain things done on Earth, but He has delegated authority to mankind. Through our requests, God can justly intervene in earthly situations and bring His will to pass. So, praying in line with God's Word benefits God.

      (2)To Benefit You

      Prayer is communication with God. It includes listening, discussion, and giving thanks -- not just asking for things.

      Relationship requires communication. Your relationship with the Lord will never grow without communication.

      Time spent in prayer helps you stay tuned-in spiritually -- remaining sensitive to God. Prayer keeps you "connected" with God. It helps keep your focus on God and how great He is.

      Prayer is a way of humbling yourself and is the opposite of doing things by yourself. Receiving direction from God is the greatest help you can get. If you fail to seek God's help, you are headed for trouble, because the devil sets traps to destroy you.

      Also, talking with God forces you to honestly face your situation -- for you know you cannot fool God.

      (3)To Benefit Others

      All around us, people are in great need. Through prayer we can appropriate heavenly help on their behalf.

      God can do more in one minute than you can do in a lifetime.

      So, Keep on praying at all the times as you need help. You surely get it done, if you have confident. Try it,

      Best of LUCK,

      Saju C.Varghese
      New Delhi