About Church Liturgy and Custom in Madbaho.

  • Eldose
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2008
      Barekhmore,

      With a humble sense, I wish to forward this doubts which I have
      recently experienced in one of church.

      1. Should we remember the name of Mor Abdul Jaleel Bava in Thubden.?
      Is there any regional approach been set by the church in this matter.?
      If so what should be the order to remember or not.?

      2. Do the main Cestor(Shrushakkaran) need to bow amidst of the Holy
      Qurobono..? I have learnt that our Seminary recently have different
      view and is been nowadays not really encouraging so.

      3. Should we keep the Evengalion (Table) in Madbaha or should we keep
      it down on the steps of the Altar..?

      4. Is it really fair that an Altar Assistant running out of Madbaha in
      between the Holy Mass except unaviodable emergency.?

      5. Is it compulsory for holding the 8 days long commemeration where
      the church is dedicated in the name of other saints.?

      Hope members from this forum especially H.E.Mor Deevannasious
      Methrachan and other knowledgable persons will correct me and guide me on these matters.

      regards and prayers,
      Eldose #4070
    • Babu Jacob Nadayil
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2008
        Dear Brother Eldose,

        Almost all your questions will have answers in the book called "A
        Guide To The Altar Assistants" authored in July 2005 by the learned
        Very Rev.(Dr)Kuriakose Corepiscopos Moolayil. This book can be
        availed from Mor Adai Study Center, Cheeranchira,Changanassery,
        Kottayam-686106, Kerala or by contacting respected Achen at Phone:
        (+91) 481 272 4353 Mobile: 944 620 3002.

        I am serving in owe at the fiery Holy Throne of God as Altar
        Assistant for many decades and I am still clearing my doubts and
        learning about the customs and traditions of the Holy Church. I am
        well aware that I will never be able to become a pundit or to know
        the depth or meanings of everything of this precious Church of our
        Lord within my life time, the depth is immeasurable Dear Eldose and
        our life is too short.

        About your questions:

        (1) We, in USA, remember Saint Mor Greegorios Abdul Jaleel(not Mor Abdul Jaleel)in the 5th Thubden just after the name of Saint Mor Greegorios of Malankara.

        (2)No bowing down towards people before folding the Holy Sosappa and no pausing while reading the Creed

        (3)As far as I know, in all our Malankara Churches the Evengelion Stand is kept closer at the south side of the Holy Altar except at Manjanikkara Monastery and Karingachira St.George Cathedral where it is kept at the north side, closer to the Holy Altar. But at our Syrian Churches it is kept at the western middle end of the Sanctuary

        (4)None of the Altar Assistants are allowed to exit the Holy Sanctuary for other than imminent emergency during the celebration of the Holy Eucharist.

        (5)For the answer to this question I will also wait with you for H.G.Mor Deevannasios Methrachen's response.

        May God bless us.

        Babu Jacob Nadayil