Beatification of three more departed Church fathers of Malankara

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008
      Beatification of three more departed Church fathers of Malankara.

      Conferring to the wishes of the multitude of faithful, the Malankara Episcopal Synod of today (09 September 2008) requested His Holiness the Patriarch, to beatify Maphryono Mor Baselios Shakralla (Shukr Allah)- Maphryono of the East (AD 1748-'64) - Entombed at the Kandanad church, Mor Qurillos Yuyakim - Reesh Episcopa of Malankara - Entombed on the north side of the Marthoman Church Mulanthuruthy , Mor Koorilos Paulose Kochuparambuil - Malankara Metropolitan, 1911 - '17 - entombed at Panampady St. Mary's Church near Kottayam) .

      Catholicose His Beatitude Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I, called all faithful to be in prayer and fasting for this beatifications, which will held be at Patriarchal Center Cathedral, Puthencurizu during the apostolic visit to Malankara by the Supreme head of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church, H.H. Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I Iwas in October 2008.

      Press release issued by the Holy Synod secretary Mor Gregorios Joseph is available in SOCMNet.org on following URL:
      http://socmnet.org/news/news_09sept08_01.jpg
      http://socmnet.org/news/news_09sept08_02.jpg
    • CJ Varughese
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2008
        Dear All,

        Beautification of three more saints of our church, a matter to be
        rejoiced. All these three fathers were instrumental in keeping our
        faith in the right direction. We can't forget them. Even without
        beautification we still remember them. Their memorials are a matter to
        rejoice.

        I think we blindly follow the IOC, and one or the other way we want to
        keep pace with them, Is this the way we should show to the world that
        we are nothing less than what they are thinking, doing etc. Really I
        feel sometime pity over the current-day actions and re-actions from
        both the sides. The IOC-ians are acting like the King Yerobayam. For
        keeping his position he alienated from the main-stream of Israel, and
        started a new way of religious activities. But our LORD never ever
        approved his actions, and instead of blessings but were cursed not
        only himself to all the 10 tribes who supported Him.

        Slowly we are sidelining the Godhead with Sainthood, decorating humans
        with it, and to the living with ornamental decorations to few, who
        like to get approval from the people who is in authority, and show it
        to masses that I am something and something. i think it is high time
        we should put a break to all these, and lead the poor masses to lead a
        prayerful life, fear the Lord. Our forefathers feared the LORD, but
        we fear the WORLD. Slowly the reverance to the faith is disappearing.
        I fear WE ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE.

        That's all. With prayers
        CJ Varughese
        Mem ID 1012