Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1837 , Sep 2, 2008
      "The Incarnation of the Word, and His assumption of human nature took place for the overthrow of death and destruction, and of that envy nourished against us by the wicked serpent, who was the first cause of evil. This is plainly proved to us by facts themselves. And so He set free the daughter of Abraham from her protracted sickness, calling out and saying, 'Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.' A speech most worthy of God, and full of supernatural power; for with the kingly inclination of His will He drives away the disease. And He also lays His hands upon her; and immediately, it says, she was made straight. And hence, too, it is possible to see that His holy flesh bore in it the power and activity of God. For it was His own flesh, and not that of some other Son beside Him, distinct and separate from Him, as some most impiously imagine [Nestorians]."

      St. Cyril of Alexandria.

      He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Psalm 91:1-2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1837 of 1837 , Mar 15 5:25 PM

        "Remember God’s promises and you will be comforted in all your troubles. But if you forget them, say with David the Prophet, 'Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.' (Ps 119:49-50)."

        His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.

        "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal."  1 Corinthians 13:1

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Baramhat, March 16, is:
        35 Then it happened, as He was coming near Jericho, that a certain blind man sat by the road begging. 36 And hearing a multitude passing by, he asked what it meant. 37 So they told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by. 38 And he cried out, saying, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me! 39 Then those who went before warned him that he should be quiet; but he cried out all the more, Son of David, have mercy on me! 40 So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be brought to Him. And when he had come near, He asked him, 41 saying, What do you want Me to do for you? He said, Lord, that I may receive my sight. 42 Then Jesus said to him, Receive your sight; your faith has made you well. 43 And immediately he received his sight, and followed Him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God. (Luke 18:35-43)
        Martyrdom of Sts. Philemon and Apollonius.
        Martyrdom of St. Mary the Israelite.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Baramhat, March 17, is: Matthew 15:21-31
        Martyrdom of St. Matthias, the apostle.
        Departure of St. Julian, the Eleventh Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Arianus, the Governor of Ansena.
        Commemoration of the Departure of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, 117th Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of St. Mark.
        Commemoration of the Departure of Father Faltaeous El Soriany.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness