Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1458 , Sep 2 8:07 PM
      "The Incarnation of the Word, and His assumption of human nature took place for the overthrow of death and destruction, and of that envy nourished against us by the wicked serpent, who was the first cause of evil. This is plainly proved to us by facts themselves. And so He set free the daughter of Abraham from her protracted sickness, calling out and saying, 'Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.' A speech most worthy of God, and full of supernatural power; for with the kingly inclination of His will He drives away the disease. And He also lays His hands upon her; and immediately, it says, she was made straight. And hence, too, it is possible to see that His holy flesh bore in it the power and activity of God. For it was His own flesh, and not that of some other Son beside Him, distinct and separate from Him, as some most impiously imagine [Nestorians]."

      St. Cyril of Alexandria.

      He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Psalm 91:1-2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1458 of 1458 , Sep 2 7:54 PM

        "The path travelled by the righteous has always been a hard one, my brethren. They have always been hard-pressed, either by those who do not believe in God or who hold a wrong belief. Abel was wronged by his brother Cain; Noah and Lot likewise by a wicked race of men; and Abraham, Isaac and Jacob by the heathen. But God never leaves the righteous to walk his hard way alone. This is clearly seen in the life of Isaac: 'I am the God of Abraham your father, do not fear.' Isaac understood these words, with their overflowing significance. By them, God gave him courage, and they were a reminder of His presence."

           St. Nikolai Velimirovich.

        "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"  2 Corinthians 5:17

        Prayer Requests:

        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.