Re: SUVRNA VELLIYAZCHA

  • Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2008
      Shlomo to Mr. Mathai,

      The Friday on which St.Peter healed the paralyzed begger in front of the fort 'Sundaram' is called Swarna (Golden) Friday because St. Peter healed him when he begged by saying 'We do not have Gold (Swarnam) or Silver (Velli)with us but rise and walk in the name of Lord Jesus'. If you have the book 'Veda vayanappadi' used in chuches which gives the readings from bible for each day and read the holy text accordingly most of such doubts can get cleared.

      In his love

      Johnson

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathai wrote:

      > Dear readers ,
      >
      > we are celebrating 'SUVRNA VELLIYAZCHA', anybody can explain that
      what is the day's importance and background of this day.