Happenings in Bhubaneswar, Orissa

  • Apu Jose
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2008
      Dear readers,

      This situation in Orissa is limping back to normal. At least in Bhubaneswar the situation is normal. This Sunday I went to the Catholic Chuch of Bhubaneswar as the "Indian Orthodox Church" here cancelled the mass, fearing violence. Since, this is the state capital, security was provided to all the Churches. Police came to the "Indian Orthodox Church" also asking whether they need police protection during the Sunday mass. Achen over here was ready, but the parishers was of the opinion, to wait till the situation cools off .

      The Christians in Bhubaneswar are fasting and praying for persecuted Christians of Orissa. They are building a network of praying Christians through SMS. The situation in the Catholic Church was tense during the mass. Luckily, no ontoward incidents happened. It was announced that 5 Catholic priests were seriusly injured after being beaten up Some Baptist pastors were killed. General attitude of the common people in Bhubaneswar, has turned a bit anti Christian.

      Please pray for the christians in Orissa. Let this 8 day lent be specially dedicated to the prayers for the persecuted Christians of Orissa.

      Apu Jose
      Bhubaneswar, Orissa