Apostolic church (Part 2)

  • Paul Philipose
    Message 1 of 1502 , Oct 18, 2002
      Now I have to prove how Kottaym faction really deceives so many
      innocent.
      1) the Kottayam faction has an existence because they received the
      apostolic succession from Syrian church and no where else.
      2) Syrian church is apostolic and existed all the time So (1) cannot
      exist without the apostolic succession of (2) and we know that (2)
      existed ALWAYS. So if (1) has any legitimacy that is because (2) was
      legitimate. If ever (2) was not legitimate then (1) was never
      legitimate any way. But since (2) gave one (1) apostolic succession,
      it has the right to take it back too. and it has taken it back.

      You may ask how come? Read the discussion below. Regarding the throne
      of Thomas
      1) no one claimed it till 1967, when it appeared on the letterheads
      of Ougan. Not before. not for 1930 years
      2) if apostle Thomas established a see, the first synods will refer
      it. Instead it refers to only 4. This synod says that India and all
      the east is under Antioch.
      3)Apostle Thomas never consecrated a bishop here. Because church in
      kerala always had to approach some see to get a bishop here. There
      are records that it approached See of Alexandrian in 2nd century,
      Antioch in 3rd.
      4) None of the other apostles claimed to have a see any where. Not
      even Paul.

      What did the kottayam faction say before split
      1) Their chief and catholicos during the consecration ceremony: "I
      the feeble and meek Ougen Mor Themothios, chosen for the
      ecclesiastical office of the Catholicose, confess my belief before
      this synod and before the Head of this synod, H.H Moran More Ignatius
      Yacob III, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, that the Patriarch
      is my Head, that I accept from St.Peter the Head of the Holy Apostles
      up to your Holiness all the canonical Patriarchs who have resigned on
      Your Holiness's throne and all those who come after Your Holiness.
      Once again, I repeat my canonical connection with the Holy throne of
      Antioch, I swear ( Refer note 2) the I shall not depart from this
      solemn Oath. (Illustrated weekly of India December 21-27 , 1975)
      Note : if you translate from Malayala manorama 1964 June 5, page
      4. 'I swear in in God's name with adoration' Let us look what it
      means. Lets read the second command of the Most reverent 10
      commandments from our Lord. "You shall not take the name of the LORD,
      your GOD in vain. For the LORD will not leave unpunished him who
      takes his name in vain." Now Read the Oath by our Cathlicos. He said
      a lie. He broke the promise taken in Lord's name. He fought with the
      church, he split the church. He broke the body of the Christ. (
      remember Jesus is the Head and church is the body, Holy Spirit will
      lead you all always till the end of ages). Holy Spirit lead us to the
      council of Nicea. Now working against the church and its head and
      synod and the council of Nicea's decision. he worked against Jesus,
      Holy Spirit and Father. I have rarely met a figure who has able to
      achieve this! Probably one similar incident to match is the Lucifer's
      life. Lucifer might have said so many lies and did some thing to
      become the head of Angels. Bible does not say how this cheat became
      the head of angels. But we can guess. But after becoming the head of
      the angels he revolted against the head of all, our Lord, Split the
      church, which was the angels and Lord was its head. He broke that
      church. He was able to convince 1/3 of the angels that he was
      correct. Or 1/3 of the angels blindly followed him. He broke his
      promise that he will serve the Lord. Lucifer and their angel will be
      burned in eternal hell. Do you see a similarity here? Some time I
      think why these people are following this bishop.? I asked one His
      reply. "God only sides with Syrian members (disdain), in that case I
      don't want Heaven". Isn't this the attitude of the most of his
      followers. A pride for rebelling against the Lord and His church.
      Look at the behavior of the people who follow him. They have closed
      some 50 churches in kerala built by true believers with their own
      money to worship the Lord.

      contd.... Part (3)

      Paul Philipose
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com