Re:St. Mary's Jacobite Church, Ludhiana, Aug-15 Perunal and Baptism

  • Apu Jose
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28 10:23 PM
      Dear readers,

      It is heartening to know that 15 people of Punjab has joined the Holy Church and accepted the true faith. We Syrian Orthodox tend to think that concept of mission is for Roman Catholics , Protestants and the Pentecostals.It is like as if we have a wrong notion of St Thomas ,our patron, asked us not to spread the gospel but just keep passing on this true and glorious faith to the next generation. I am sure that St Thomas didnot think like that.When he converted us , I think he must have given us a mission to take this gospel at least to different parts of India.We have failed not only in this regard , but also in passing this true faith in its pristine and unadulterated form to the coming generation too.The end result is that we find our sheep flowing towards wolf in sheep's clothing , be it Catholic , Protestant or Pentecostal.

      Many people in our Church who are interested in mission work are flowing to the other so called Churchs, because of the lack of encouragement in our Church. I hope our Church authorities take steps to rectify this situation.

      with prayers
      Apu Jose
      Bhubaneswar