Re: St. Mary's Jacobite Church, Ludhiana, Aug-15 Perunal and Baptism

  • Sajy Thannikkottu
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2008
      It is really laudable work of St.Paul's missions.

      May the god almighty bless St. Paul's Mission team & St. Mary's
      Jacobite Church to lead these new folks in the name of Jesus Christ
      our savior

      Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
      # 2912

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathai wrote:

      > Dear Sir,
      >
      > St. Mary's Jacobite Church, Ludhiana celebrated the St. Mary's VAANJIPPU' Perunal on Aug-14 and aug 15. Among the perunal celebrations 15 peoples from local area got baptisum and joined with us. The peoples are from Moga, St. pauls Mission is working there (under our Church)

    • Apu Jose
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
        Dear readers,

        It is heartening to know that 15 people of Punjab has joined the Holy Church and accepted the true faith. We Syrian Orthodox tend to think that concept of mission is for Roman Catholics , Protestants and the Pentecostals.It is like as if we have a wrong notion of St Thomas ,our patron, asked us not to spread the gospel but just keep passing on this true and glorious faith to the next generation. I am sure that St Thomas didnot think like that.When he converted us , I think he must have given us a mission to take this gospel at least to different parts of India.We have failed not only in this regard , but also in passing this true faith in its pristine and unadulterated form to the coming generation too.The end result is that we find our sheep flowing towards wolf in sheep's clothing , be it Catholic , Protestant or Pentecostal.

        Many people in our Church who are interested in mission work are flowing to the other so called Churchs, because of the lack of encouragement in our Church. I hope our Church authorities take steps to rectify this situation.

        with prayers
        Apu Jose
        Bhubaneswar