Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I - My dearest Thomas achan

  • Dr.George Kunju John
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2008
      Dear All,

      While in Kerala on vecation, I got a rare opportunity to be with Aboon Bava thirumeni in my humble residence.

      The time has gone fast and my dearest Thomas achan in 1966 has been
      elevated by Our Lord to the highest position after throwing out
      several strong personalities. While viewing the grace on Ruha on
      Bava's face my thoughts trvelled through the dirty criticisms, bad
      words and dirty muds thown on to Bava by several of our friends and I
      realised that Bava's face remained as ' Chembu ela' that slipped all
      that fell on it. Several of our holy fathers who protected our
      apostolic faith recieved from Our Lord through the apostles had the
      same painful experiences. As a selfish individual, my thoughts went
      in vain when we a small group in Trichur used to pray for Achan to
      see being ordained as a metroplitan in the united church and follow
      the steps of Oughen Bava. Any way our prayers were heard in the
      highest and Achan was ordained as the Catholicos to follow Poulose
      Bava.

      Bava shared with my daughters how Our Lord nurtured Bava and
      protected from Asthma, Angina and evil spirits. The only weapon Bava
      had was prayer.

      Today by the strong prayers of Bava Thirumeni the Jacobite Syrian
      group of Malanakara Syrian Chruch has flourished to a devine
      denomination with large number of churches, institutions, episcopas
      and clergy in addition to millions of faithful. We used to comment
      while explaining the intricate anlytic methods 'testing of pudding is
      by tasting/eating it'. The only test for Aboon Bava today, is
      visualising the action of Ruha in the church and accept Bava
      thirumeni as the chosen man by Ruha for us to be given the infinite
      blessings from Our Lord to we, the unworthy sinners.

      While giving a husoyo to me Bava asked the prayers of ' Mor Pathrose
      Mor Poulose; Mor Ignathios Elias, Mor Baselios Yeldho, Mor Gregorios
      Parumala along with Yeldodh Aloho and Mar Gheevargis sahadho' At that
      sacred moment I felt the presence of those saints near me.

      While leaving our house Aboon Bava asked me to pray for Thirumeni. How can a sinner can pray for a saint ?

      May the prayers of bava thriumeni strengthen us.

      With humble prayers
      Dr.George K John, Sharjah
      ID 0209