St. Mary, Mother of God and our Holy Church

  • Jose Kurian Puliyeril.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2008
      Dear and Respected Brethren,

      This refers to the posting of beloved Alex Thomas regarding the 'Immaculate position of St. Mary, Mother of God'. What Alex wrote is the stand of the Holy OO churches and the faith of our Church Fathers. The eastern Orthodox Church teaches that St. Mary was also born as a usual child (with the original sin) and hence not 'Amalolbhava'. When she was chosen by God Almighty as a part of His master plan of salvation of the entire world and the entire mankind, she got purified. From the very moment she is holy and without a spot of sin. As she gave birth to the Savior of the entire world and entire mankind, we honor her as 'Theotokos' (Mother of God) This is the highest honor attributed to her in our Holy Church tradition. In a calendar year, the Holy Church celebrates her holy feast on 8 days for her Nativity, Assumption, on two different Sundays of the Annunciation to her, ( On 25th March and on the 4th Sunday of the Calendar year) One day for the 'seeds' and another day for the spikes, Journey to the house of Elizabeth and finally the Glorification of mother of God. We could find the great position and honor offered to St. Mary in our holy Church.

      May the intercession of St. Mary be a fort of protection for one and all.

      Jose Kurian Puliyeril.