Re: Immaculate conception of St Mary

  • George Chacko
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      Dear moderator

      This refers to immaculate conception of St.Mary from Mathew GM.

      The word of God enterd her through the ear and decended to her womb and took flesh from her uniting divinity with humanity never to separae. As she conceived without the seed of man, the child was physically after the mother. Mary was born like any one of us and was cleansed and purified later before she conceived her son. She was not born immaculate as the Roman Catholics say.It is belived that every one who is born of the co-habitationof man and woman inherits their sin because lust enters their hearts when they co-habit. This sin which the child inherits is referred to by the Psalmist (pslms.51) in the words "My mother conceived me in sins" It is believed to be removed at Baptisam.

      The Holy Spirit came down upon her, cleansed her and the word descended to her womb. She became pure and holy virgin just before that moment of conception. In our prayers and promiyons contain the prophecies of the old testment which indicate the virgin's conception and her eternal virginity. At the Great Intercession of the Holy Qurbano, in the fourth Tubden about the Virgin Mother St.Mary.

      As Jesus Christ changed water into wine at the feast of Cana in Galilee at the request of His mother, the Jacobite Syrians believe that Jesus who is God, will listen to St.Mary's intercession . Both Jesus and Mary are alive and active and they can hear our supplications. The Mother will intercede and the Son(Jesus) will act her intercession.

      George Chacko
      Member ID 4093