The usage of salutation Mor

  • Alex Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2008

      Dear all,

      In this edition (Aug 1/08) of viswasasamrakshakan, in the series answering doubts relating to faith and tradition of the church, one of the question is in relation to the usage of salutation Mor by the Metropolitans themselves, with their names. Being one of the forum members who shared my thoughts on this subject earlier in this forum I wish to share my mind after reading the reply in viswasasamrakshakan, on this subject and on initiating these types of discussions to clear doubts on matters relating to church, traditions and faith.

      Earlier when I raised this issue in SOCM forum (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCM-FORUM/message/12151) there were two relevant postings from Mr. Abraham Kurian and Dr. George K John. Though I was not in complete agreement to ideas put forward in both the messages and could I have tried to answer those postings pointing to some other letters, usage etc. within our own church, I preferred to withdraw from that topic because it seemed none of the forum members have a clear idea on the topic and none of the leaders of the church seemed interested in clearing the position.

      Now I don�t want to comment any thing about the reply given in viswasasamrakshakan but only thing I wish to submit with every due respect is that I don�t understand anything regarding the usage of Mor from that reply, whether it is proper to use it by oneself with his own name or not proper to use it but the only feel I got is don�t raise a doubt on any of the practices either in the church or of the leaders. When I wished to clear my doubt on it earlier, my intention was not to question the practices in the church or of the leaders but to have a clear idea on the usage/topic. But I am really sad that even after a reply by one of the learned leaders of the church the topic remain unclear. And even sadder that I couldn�t understand what is meant by the last sentence of that reply in viswasasamrakshakan.

      I request every one related to the discussion to forgive me if any of my words hurt anyone, which was nowhere there in my intention.

      Regards,

      Alex Thomas
      # 971