Re: I need the life history of St .Phioloxenus of Mabbug

  • Rev. Deacon Solomon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
      Dear Father Dale A. Johnson (Barhanna)

      How are you doing? Hope you are doing very well ,thanks to the
      Almighty God I am too. Dear Father! first of all I would like to
      extend my cordial thanks for your reply.

      Second,I have another question. Sorry ,I am troubling you. I am doing
      a research on the historical development of Eucharistic Liturgy in
      Ethiopia and the meaning of its symbolical rituals. For this ,I have
      to study the Oriental Orthodox Churches' Divine Liturgies and their
      development. This helps me to understand the relation of Ethiopic
      Divine Liturgies with that of Oriental Churches. I tried to browse
      various sites to obtain the life history of St .Phioloxenus of
      Mabbug .Would you please send it? If you have other useful materials
      related with my work. Please ,try to help me. Many thanks for your
      kind cooperation.

      May God be with all of us.

      Deacon Solomon
      Addis Ababa
      Ethiopia

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Dale A. Johnson wrote:

      > Dear Solomon,
      >
      > Mabug is the ancient city of Hieropolis (Pamukkale) in Southwest
      > Turkey. Hierapolis, whose name means "sacred city," was believed by
      > the ancients to have been founded by the god Apollo. It was famed
      for
      > its sacred hot springs, whose vapors were associated with Pluto,
      god
      > of the underworld. The city also had a significant Jewish community
      > and was mentioned by Paul in his Letter to Colossians.
    • Rev. Deacon Solomon
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
        Dear Rev. Dr. Mani Rajan

        I have no words to express my deepest pleasure. I am almost
        speechless, what you sent me is more than enough. I can not say any
        thing except" May the Almighty God multiply His Endless Grace upon
        you! May God fulfill all of your wishes except sin" I am proud of
        your unreserved cooperation.
        Keep in touch
        Deacon Solomon
        Addis Ababa