Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1395 , Jul 28, 2008
      "A brother questioned an old man, 'Tell me something which I can do, so that I may live by it', and the old man said, 'If you can bear to be despised, that is a great thing, more than all the other virtues."

      From the Desert Fathers.

      "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1395 of 1395 , May 26

        "When you see the cross, know and believe that you are seeing Christ enthroned on it; when you pray before the cross, believe that you are doing so concerning Christ our God and not with inanimate matter. For it is Christ Who receives the veneration you offer before the cross; and it is He Who hears the supplications of your mouth and fulfills the desires of your heart, which you ask with faith. Whoever does not honor the cross, or insults it, insults Christ Himself."

           St. Nerses Shnorhali.

        "Lord, where are Your former lovingkindnesses, Which You swore to David in Your truth?"  Psalm 89:49

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith