Re: Bishops Transfer - Not a bad idea!!!!

  • T.M. Shajy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2008
      Dear Moderator

      The suggestions put forward by Mr. Varkey TA is very good, if put in to practise. It is not a simple task. May be IOC is also facing the same problem and that could be the reason for not implimenting this in their church.

      Another disadvantage for the system is that since the posting is
      temperory there is every chance that Bishops will not struggle for the
      growth of the diocese. At this moment our sabha needs growth. This means we need growth in every diocese. So frequent transfer will defenitely hinder the diocese growth.

      Why we worry too much on this?. None of the bishops or the church is
      forcing the members to pay any amount. I presently belong to Kuwait
      Church. Many Bishops visit us. None of the Bishops force us to pay any
      amount. If we like we participate. Even if we do not participate, there is nothing against us.

      I feel there should be a control from the central administration on each diocese, especially on the ownership of the property. How this can be put into practise is a very complex subject.

      Shajy
      ID # 4800.

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varkey T.A. wrote:

      > Dear Members,
      >
      > I would like to bring the 'Bishops transfer' system for a discussion
      in our forum. Recently we have heard about our Bishops new assignments
      in U.K., Europe and Gulf regions. The Europe & UK metropolitan is now
      transferred and the parishes were now assigned for three Bishops, and
      specifically for the Gulf region, the Bishop is transferred and new
      respective Bishops had given charge of the Parishes for two years. We
      have the earlier experience of one of our Bishop assigned to Thrissur
      diocese being transferred to Patriarch's Office and later transferred
      back to India, and given charge only as an Assistant Metropolitan in a
      Dayara!!!! It all shows that the Bishops once assigned to a diocese CANBE TRANSFERRED to another diocese or to a Dayara.