Office for the newly established Kozhikode diocese of the Jacobite Syrian Church in Thamarasseri

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 11:54 AM
      Office for the newly formed Kozhikode diocese of the Jacobite Syrian Church has been started at Thamarasseri. H.B. Catholicose Thomas I inaugurated the office. Synod secretary, Joseph Mor Gregoriose and Angamaly highrange regional bishop, Mathews Mor Aprem participated on the occasion. Priests and council members, who come under the newly formed diocese also participated. The office is situated on the Omasseri road near Chunkam.

      The new Kozhikode diocese was formed by splitting the Malabar dioceses. New diocese includes 26 churches of the Jacobite Syrian Church from the districts of Kozhikode, Kannur and Malappuram. Thamarasseri will be the head quarters for the diocese. A bishop house will be constructed here soon. The new diocese was announced by Catholicose an year ago.

      SOCM News Bureau - Thamarasseri