Flash News - 2 New Bishop-designates to Malankara

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
      Flash News - 2 New Bishop designates to Malankara

      Holy Episcopal Synod of Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian Church approved the names of 2 bishop-designates elected by the respective dioceses.

      Rev. Dr. Kuriakose T Abraham elected as the new Bishop of Idukki
      diocese and Fr. Ullas Varkey is the new Bishop of Kozhikode diocese, it was confirmed by the Holy Synod.

      Rev. Dr. Kuriakose T Abraham
      http://www.socmnet.org/photos/Fr_Kuriakose_T_Abraham.jpg

      Rev. Fr. Ullas Varkey
      http://www.socmnet.org/photos/Fr_Ullas_Varkey.jpg

      SOCM News Bureau - Puthencruz
    • SOCM News Bureau
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
        The Malankara Episcopal Synod that met here today (29 July 2008)officially declared the details of the forthcoming apostolic visit of His Holiness the Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, to Malankara on October 18, 2008. The holy father will preside over the concluding function of the year-long sacerdotal Golden jubilee celebrations of His Beatitude the Catholicos Mor Baselios Thomas I, the head of the Syriac Church in India.

        The Holy Synod also approved the names of Rev. Fr. Dr. Kuriakose T Abraham, Pulliattu Thukalan and Rev. Fr. Ullas Varkey, Vettikkunnel, as bishops for the newly formed dioceses of Idukki and Calicut, both elected by the respective diocesan bodies at their meetings held in the month of June and July. His Beatitude Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I, the Catholicos and Metropolitan Trustee of the Church in India, presided over the holy Synod held at the Church headquarters in the Puthencuriz Patriarch Centre. The Malankara Synod is now awaiting the final approval from the supreme head of the Church, His Holiness the Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, after which the new Metropolitans will be consecrated.

        Press release from Patriarchate Center, Puthencruz

        Page 01 http://www.socmnet.org/photos/press_release_July08_01.jpg
        Page 02 http://www.socmnet.org/photos/press_release_July08_02.jpg

        Rev. Dr. Kuriakose T Abraham
        http://www.socmnet.org/photos/Fr_Kuriakose_T_Abraham.jpg

        Rev. Fr. Ullas Varkey
        http://www.socmnet.org/photos/Fr_Ullas_Varkey.jpg

        SOCM News Bureau - Puthencruz
      • Sinoj Edayanal
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
          Dear all,

          Proud to be a part of the Holy Jacobite Church..

          Now we have 25 eminent bishops including the bishop designates.

          While we are reading the big dramas of metran election at kottayam
          and cases in kottayam courts.. our church shows a model.

          I personally know Kuriakose achan and he is really efficient and
          eminent candidate.. I strongly belive that its Gods wish which was
          revealed through our bava thirumeni.. the articles and writings
          prooves that Ullas Achan is a blessed priest who is capable to lead
          our church.

          Praying for the good future of church and for all our leaders who
          lead us in the right path showed by our lord Jesus..

          thanks

          Sinoj Edayanal
          Alberta, Canada