Holy Qurbana

  • Thomas George
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2008
      Dear Moderators

      It is learned that a priest can celebrate only one Holy Qurbana on a particular day and only one on a alter on a day. The whole church witnesing it are also the participants. As  we are not permitted to have the Holy Qurbana more than once in a day are  we authorised to witness more than one on a day.

      In that case is it correct to perform moonninmel and Anchinmel Qurbana in a church at the same time. Is not the belivers in that church are participating three Holy Qurbana at a time?

      Please clarify and give some more details on the subject.

      Thomas
      ID No. 4085
    • Eldose Thelappilly Jacob
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2008
        Dear Mr. Thomas,

        Its true that one Priest can say only one Qurbana in a day. But in case the Madbaha or Altar, its little different. Even though it refers Christ's Crucification and all, there is one more thing you need to know.

        Might u have heared about Thablaitha..! (its a sacremented wooden piece of slab with certian measurement having the date and details of the Metropolitan or above who have sanctified that. Normally this happenig on the Santification & Dedication of the Church when its built or renovated.

        Since the holy seculpture is same, this Thablaitha will be changed in each time the Holy Mass is offered. So in this way, the Tradition and true liturgical meaning of that is not affected by Offering Moonninmel or Anchinmel Qurbono.

        Also note that Qurbana is the remembrance of Lord our God's Resurrection, Crucification and (in short life of Jesus) Accention, there is no harm to participate in that. Its just like we eat and drink daily. As we eat or drink more than once a day, this is a requirement to be part of the Remembrance. Normally people have hardly time to attend even one Qurbana a day in this modern world...! So its hard to believe that people will participate more than one Qurbana a day..! But we dont keep it more than once a day.

        Hope this is clear to you.
        regards & prayers,
        Eldose

        From the desk of the Moderator:
        (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
      • Cecil .K.Varghese
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
          Dear Mr. Thomas

          Moonnilmel and Anchinmel Qurbana is not 3 or 5 Quarbana next time when you attend please watch it carefully, three Bishops or Achens all of them and the people are together celebrating the one Holy Quarbana not three or five. The Priest in the centre of course will lead the other two will take part as mutually agreed.

          Cecil .K.Varghese
          ID# 890