Messengers 70 / 72?

  • Rin Sam
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2008
      As per Gospel St.Luke Jesus sent 70 messengers in the mission field.
      (luke.10). This number 70 in Malayalam Bible Society/and English King
      James English Version.

      Syrian Orthodox Church in its lectionary state 72 and the censor has 72
      links based on this number.Which number is correct? kindly give the
      reference from old testament.

      Rin Sam
      ID # 4038
    • H.E Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2008
        Dear Moderators

        We have biblical evidence of seventy messengers were sent by Our
        Lord. Seventy two messengers is our faith. One among them was Lazar
        and the other Mathiyas as I've noted. Number 70 and 72 both are
        correct. Jesus Christ selected 70 first then added two men as
        messengers.

        See biblical reference of Seventy from O.T. Seventy Elders
        Ex.24:1,9 and in N.T St. Luke 10:1

        Deevannasios Methrachan
        Manjanikkara
        25-07-2008

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rin Sam wrote:

        > As per Gospel St.Luke Jesus sent 70 messengers in the mission field.
        > (luke.10). This number 70 in Malayalam Bible Society/and English
        King
        > James English Version.
        >
        > Syrian Orthodox Church in its lectionary state 72 and the censor
        has 72
        > links based on this number.Which number is correct? kindly give the
        > reference from old testament.
      • Cijoy Varghese
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2008
          Can unmarried priests become vicars of parish? I came across a document given by Parumala Thirumeni to the holy throne during saint�s holy ordination where H.G states that H.G will not appoint unmarried priests to parish. Could moderators / learned members explain the significance of it? Just wanted to know for the sake of knowledge.

          Also is there any photo of Mulanthurthy synod and 1st bishop of Cochin diocese Shmaun Mor Divannasios belongs to my family? No photo of H.G is available. H.G was ordained with Parumala Thirumeni at Kunnamkulam church. Family is trying to find out if any group photo of bishops exists.

          Cijoy Varghese
          # 4067