Re: Definition - Term "member" for the Malankara Archdiocese.

  • Varkey Titus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2008
      Dear Mr. Joseph,

      I am afraid, your interpretation is wrong as I see it. After all I am not aware of the inner politics in your Archdiocese and not supporting the hierarchy there or any administrators of that Archdiocese.

      Please look into the situation in Malankara. In Kerala, even though we all are members of the diocese X, Y or Z; for a diocesan meeting, we all are NOT supposed to attend as its 'members', but one or two members who are selected from the respective parishes of the diocese only will attend. They will be representing the 'Parish' and not attending the diocesan meeting as an 'individual member', even though he is a member of the diocese. Thus, by default, the term 'member' of the diocese becomes the 'parish' and not the individual members of the whole diocese.

      In your interpretation, is it is possible to convene a diocesan meeting of our Ankamaly diocese, with all its 'members' opt to attend it, to take any meaningful decision???

      Regards

      Varkey Titus
      Member id # 1024