Re: Definition - Term "member" for the Malankara Archdiocese.

  • Issac K Joseph
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20 4:41 AM
      Dear All

      I think Mr. Joseph is raising a very valid issue. Each and every dues
      paying individual member should have a voice in the administration of
      the diocese. I in fact do not agree to even limiting this to the male
      member and his family. Every one about age 18 who pays dues should be
      eligible. But obviously bishops and other administrators will not
      want to accept such democracy. I think these same issues must apply
      in Malankara as well. Unless we put a check to the high-handed ways
      of our bishops we will loose people eventually.

      In Christ
      Issac K Joseph
      # 0917

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Joseph V. Kuriappuram wrote:

      > Dearly beloved in Christ,
      >
      > I am bringing a new subject for open discussion. The center piece
      of this controversial subject is derived from a definition given by
      the officials of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox
      Church in North America on its delegate meeting held on April 05,
      2008. According to them `an Archdiocesan member is its local parish /
      congregation. As an attending delegate I object the idea as much as I
      could but no common consensus was reached. The annual delegate
      meeting held on July 10, 2008 was ratified above decision and is part
      of the constitution and bylaws now.