Trilingual Thaksa - An Appeal

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5 11:50 PM
      Dear respected members,

      We, the moderators of the forum, are really very happy to note the recent innovative work done by our dear Corepiscopos Kuriakose Moolayil in the field of the Syrian Orthodox liturgical publications. The compilation of the 'Trilingual Thaksa' with all the available rites in print of our liturgy, in English, Syriac and Malayalam are blended in this book side by side for very effortless and smooth usage. This is really a lifetime achievement of respected Achen. As it was mentioned in his posting, the publishing is imminent.

      We think it is the duty of our Church and all those who love the
      Church to support this great work. We came to understand from our
      Corepiscopos that this venture needs 3+ lakhs as its production
      cost. The response from our priests and/or parishes to the posting in the Forum by Achen to order for copies was disappointing. There was only less than 50 inquiries, that includes the inquiry from our sister church members. The initial thought he had was to cover half of the expenses by direct selling to the orders placed as pre-publication, and to advance the rest from Mor Adai Study Center. In the present scenario the whole expenses has to be advanced.

      We propose to extend a supporting hand to this publication at this
      time of necessity. Our suggestions are the following:

      1. All outside India parishes and/or priests sent a donation of $125.oo or an equivalent in Rs.5,000/- to this project. They will get a copy of this Thaksa plus 3-5 books published by MASC free of cost and it will be mailed to anywhere in the globe.

      2. Any amount of your choice can be donated to this project with a
      minimum of Rs.500/-.

      3. In return, all of these donors will be entitled to get a free copy of this holy text. However, the Thaksa will be given to their parish church or to their nominated Priest only to save the sanctity of the texts. Please furnish your parish address or the priest to whom you wish to gift the book. Your name and address will be written on the book as the donor of it.

      There are 13 Anaphore in its entireity in this compilation. H.B. Basalius Thomas 1 Catholicose gave his approval and H.G. Mor Aprem Mathews Metropolitan gave the no objection after his scrutiny. You can access the 'Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat' in the following link. So also the content page can be accessed here. The Anaphore include rare texts in Malayalam like Mor Markose, Mor Severiose of Antioch, Mor Coorilose of Alexandria, Mor Pheloxenose of Mabbug, etc. Please visit:
      URL - http://socmnet.org/Resource/qurbonotaksa/pages_01_07_qurbono-taksa.pdf

      A few sample pages of the Service book are available at the following link.
      http://socmnet.org/Resource/qurbonotaksa/pages_301_346_qurbono-taksa.pdf

      The book will be ready to be mailed by the end of July.

      For more details, please refer to the following posting of Very Rev.
      Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil or please contact contact him by email: moolelachen@...

      In Our Lord's Love
      Moderators
      SOCM Forum
    • SOCM Moderators

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 17 3:59 AM
          Dear Moderator,

          Please give the postal address to which the donations to be send. It will be a great help if you give the address through the SOCM-FORUM.

          Regards,
          Jacob Varghse
          ====================================
          From the desk of moderators

          Very Rev. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil:
          MOR ADAI STUDY CENTER
          CHEERANCHIRA P.O,
          CHANGANASERRY,
          KERALA , INDIA 686 106
        • SOCM Moderators
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
[...]

            Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil or please contact contact him on following address:

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 20, 2008
                Dear Moderator,

                Is there any restrictions in keeping/reading Thaksa in homes.
                Please advise.

                Thomas Cherian