Cyril of Jerusalem

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
      The Kingdom of Heaven lies before us, everlasting fire has been prepared. Someone will ask how can we escape the fire, how can we enter in to the Kingdom? �I was hungry,� He says, �and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger and you took me in; naked and clothed me; sick and you visited me; I was in prison and
      you came to see me� (Matthew 25:35,36). If these words describe your conduct, you will reign with Him; if not you will be condemned. Therefore, begin now to act thus; persevere in the faith, let your good deeds shine before men so Christ will be honored, put on your incorruptible garment, bright with good works�

      Cyril of Jerusalem � Catechesis 15
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2009
        strange and inconceivable thing! We did not really die, we were not really buried, we were not really crucified and raised again, but our imitation was but a figure, while our salvation is in reality. Christ was actually crucified, and actually buried, and truly rose again; and all these things have been vouchsafed to us, that we, by imitation communicating in His sufferings, might gain salvation in reality.

        Cyril of Jerusalem, On the Christian Sacraments