Fr. John of Kronstadt

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
      If you indeed call God your Father, then trust and hope in Him, as a Father most merciful, all powerful, most wise, ever-loving, ever-perfect. Trust in Him in respect of the blessings of this temporal life, but above all in respect of future blessings which shall be granted you in Christ Jesus.

      Fr. John of Kronstadt � Spiritual Counsels
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2429199
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 21, 2008
        The carnal way of life constitutes death. If you wish to live long, live through the spirit; for the life consists in the spirit: �If you through the spirit mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live,� both here on earth and there in heaven. Observe fasting, temperance and simplicity in food and drink; do not foolishly squander the balsam of your life; do not seek after riches or luxury; strive to be contended with little; keep peace with all, respect and love all, envy none; and, above all, strive ever to bear Christ in your heart, and you shall live in peace.

        Fr. John of Kronstadt � My Life in Christ
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
          �If you fall, rise, and you shall be saved.� You are a sinner, you continually fall, learn also how to rise; be careful to acquire this wisdom. This is what heaven consists of: learning and praying the Psalm (50) �Have mercy upon me O God, after Thy great goodness �� inspired by the Holy Spirit to the king and prophet David, and say it with sincere faith and trust, with a contrite and humble heart � the most important thing in life is to be zealous for mutual love, and not to judge anyone. Everybody shall answer for himself to God, and you must look inward to yourself.

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
            Do not be slothful in praying fervently for others at their request, or of yourself, and together with them; you will thus obtain a recompense from God � the grace of God in your heart, which shall rejoice and strengthen you in faith and love for God and your neighbor. In general, we do not pray very willingly for others, but more out of obligation and habit, and without our heart fully participating in the prayer, we must force ourselves to pray from the whole heart, with great faith, with great boldness, in order that we may obtain mercy from the bountiful and greatly-endowing God!

            Fr. John of Kronstadt - My Life in Christ
            http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2862765
          • Mark Sedrak
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 25, 2008
              Do not hasten to eat and drink, but rather hasten to perform
              God�s service, and when performing God�s service do not think of food and drink.

              Think well before Whom you stand, with Whom you are conversing, to Whom you are singing praises; be wholly in God, being wholly to Him alone; praise Him with all your heart, sing with all your heart, serve your neighbor as you would serve yourself, gladly, heartily, not with a divided heart and thoughts, Lord, help us, for without You, we can do nothing!

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
                Pronounce the name of God with deepest reverence, remembering that everything was brought by God from non-existence, into existence, and that everything which exists is maintained in good order solely by His mercy, omnipotence, and wisdom.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 4, 2010
                  Never despair of God's mercy, no matter what sins you may have been bound through the tempting of the devil, but pray with your whole heart, and with the hope of forgiveness; knock at the door of God’s mercy, and it shall be opened to you. Do not despair, then, what sins you have committed, only repent and confess them with a contrite heart and humble spirit.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 12, 2010
                    Christ is Risen! + Truly, He is Risen!

                    After the resurrection, our bodies will be spiritual, and not earthly ones, everything earthly will remain upon the earth. Remembering what our future abode will be, Christians, let us, then, gradually detach ourselves from everything earthly. In the resurrection of the dead, men shall be as the angles of God in heaven (Matthew 22:30) - as
                    spiritual as they.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 30, 2010
                      Live as members of one body, as children of God, in love, harmony, tranquility, and above all in peace, esteeming one another, being indulgent to one another, as the Lord is indulgent to us. Do not be proud, so not envy, do not bear ill-will, do not be slothful in prayers, begin and end the day with fervent prayers to God, and pray for all as yourself, wish well to all as yourself, and the peace that passes all understanding will live in your heart.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 16 8:10 PM
                        It is impossible not to praise God when you remember that you were created from nothing, that from the beginning of time you were predestined to eternal blessedness, entirely without cause, due to no merits of your own – when you remembered the grace God has bestowed upon you throughout your life, that you may be saved, and what a countless multitude of sins are forgiven you, and this not once or twice, but time after time.

                        Fr. John of Kronstadt
                      • Mark Sedrak
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 29, 2011
                          The means to confirm and strengthen Christian hope are prayers, especially frequent and sincere prayer, confession of our sins, frequent reading of the Word of God, and above all, frequent communion of the holy and life-giving Sacraments of the Body and Blood of Christ.

                          Fr. John of Kronstadt - Spiritual Counsels