Re: Why not we start a discussion on "Church Charity works" instead.

  • K. Kurian Mani, Ph.D
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008
      I whole heartedly agree with Thomas Mathew as far as the accounting
      practices followed by many of the charity organizations. I am not
      saying that the money is misappropriated, on the otherhand many try
      to do the best possible. But often, the decision process
      lies with an individual or individuals without maintaining any type
      of documentation. This, susequently leads to misunderstanding and
      inability to channel the funds to appropriate targets. In the event,
      SOCM initiates maintaining a list of recommented charities, we should
      require such charities to provide the listing entity with proper
      financial statements.

      Kurian Mani
      ID # 0989