Basil

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2008
      [The Spirit's]
      operations, what are they? For majesty ineffable, and for numbers innumerable.
      ... [The Spirit] existed; He pre-existed; He co-existed with the Father and the Son before the ages. ... Is it Christ's advent? The Spirit is forerunner. Is there the incarnate presence? The Spirit is inseparable. Working of miracles, and gifts of healing are through the Holy Spirit. Demons were driven out by the Spirit of God. The devil was brought to naught by the presence of the Spirit.

      Remission of sins was by the gift of the Spirit, for 'you were washed, you were sanctified ... in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Spirit of our God.' There is close relationship with God through the Spirit, for 'God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying Abba, Father.' The resurrection from the dead is effected by the operation of the Spirit, for 'You send forth Your spirit, they are created; and You renew the face of the earth'.

      Basil - On the Holy Spirit
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2332899
    • Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
        Greetings to All

        Dear Mr. Mark, Thanks and may God bless you for all the wonderful
        messages you provide uninterruptedly everyday all these years.

        I have a doubt. In the below post, it is mentioned "He pre-existed".
        Is this a correct statement? We believe "He/spirit proceeds from the
        father" Please clarify.

        Requesting prayers

        Your brother in Christ

        Shinu Jesus Abraham
        ID # 2908

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 16 6:56 PM
          Christ is Risen! + Truly, He is Risen!

          Those that have lapsed from the lofty height of life into sin He raises from their fall: for this reason He is Resurrection (cf. John 11:25). Effectually working by the touch of His power and the will of His goodness He does all things. He shepherds; He enlightens; He nourishes; He heals; He guides; He raises up; He calls into being things that were not; He upholds what has been created.

          Basil, On the Holy Spirit
        • Mark Sedrak
          Message 4 of 4 , May 29, 2010
            Are you poor? You know someone who is even poorer. You have provisions for only ten days, but someone else has enough for one day. As a good and generous person, redistribute you surplus to the needy.

            Basil, On Social Justice