Clement of Rome

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2008
      You must realize, brothers, that our stay in this world of
      the flesh is slight and short, but Christ�s promise is great and wonderful, and means rest in the coming Kingdom and in eternal life. What, then, must we do to get these things, except to lead a holy and upright life and to regard these things of the world as alien to us and not to desire them? For in wanting these things we fall from the right way.

      Clement of Rome � 2 Clement, �5
      Commonly Called Clement's Second Letter to the Corinthians
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2353077
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2589459
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2012
        We must recognize, therefore, that all upright men have been graced by good
        works, and that even the Lord himself took delight in the glory his works gave
        him. This should inspire us with a resolute determination to do his will and
        make us put our whole strength into the work of living a Christian life.

        Clement of Rome, Letter to the Corinthians
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/7398283/the-apostolic-fathers