God save the church and its flock from such wolves who assume the mantle of a shepherd!

  • John Jacob
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2008
      In connection with the opening of an IOC church at Warren, MI, a news item appeared in which the following was quoted:

      "During the Portuguese period, we were oppressed by the RomanCatholics, and then during the English period, there was an attemptto suppress us through the Anglican Church. And then we ended up in arelationship with the Antiochian Church, and they tried to swallow usup," Nicholovos said. "But despite all the struggles anddifficulties, we somehow managed, through the grace of God, topreserve our independence and grow."

      It must be as part of this "swallowing up" that this innocent dove bowed its head down before HH the Patriarch in 1993. And it was 8 years after being consecrated bishop that he realised that he was indeed "swallowed up" and took the commendable step of shaking himself free of such shameful bondage! Does it occur to him that having realised now that he was elevated to the bishopric in a colonial church by a predator that he ought to get properly ordained to all orders of priesthood and episcopate in his now emancipated church? Perhaps, like his illustrious forebear, he may not recollect now where and by whom he was consecrated!