WHY CANT WE CONCENTRATE ON OUR CHURCH & JESUS

  • Cijoy Varghese
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2008
      Dear Sir

      I am not a learned nor a church authority but going I thought SOCM-forum we are wasting time on church dispute that will never end.

      WHY CANT WE CONCENTRATE ON OUR CHURCH & JESUS.

      Cijoy Varghese
      # 4067
    • Abraham Paul
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
        Dear SOCM Members,

        SHLOMO

        I fully agree and endorse the views of Mr. Cijoy Varghese. Would it not be more productive if the many learned members spent their precious time and space in this forum arguing with persons like Rev. Fr. George. T, write materials about our Church history and views on Church's affairs and Charity works.

        Why not we start a column on to gather some support for those?

        There are so many charity institutions under our Church languishing
        for funds for its day to day operations and taking these forward.
        My view is that such endeavours shall be brought to member's attention by this forum.

        For example:
        St. Peter's Church Trivandrum had established St. Peter's Charitable
        Society in 1990. A school for Mentally Challenged Children is being run by the Society since then. The main objective was to set up a Guidance Centre for providing accommodation for and guidance patients and relatives going to Trivandrum for medical attention. It is necessary to set up such guidance canters in every Distt. H.Q by the Church.

        Shifting and expanding the MCC school and starting a Charity Centre for aged and destitute were also other objectives of St. Peter's Charitable Society.

        About 60 cents of land was purchase for this purpose in 1994. Only recently construction of a building has been taken up in this plot.

        Generous financial support is required for this. Remember the words of God. "It is Kindness I want, not animal sacrifices"

        Those who are interested may please read the article "Essence of
        Christianity" published in Shororo of the this forum. The gist are below.

        Detailed paper is in the attachment.

        • The Kingdom of Heaven is here because the Kingdom of God is
        within us.
        • Build our Heaven and pave way for Eternal life here, in our
        worldly life.
        • To be favored in God's final judgment, we should be already
        known to Him.
        • We need to know Him and also be known to Him and become His
        friend here, in our earthly life.
        • God knows and only those who do His likings.
        • The way to do His liking and become his friend is by helping
        the least of our brethren.
        • We find the least of our brethren everywhere; just we have
        to look for. If we know one of those people who are in need of us,
        then we saw him.
        • Reach out to those in need and give what little we have
        according to our means. Rest will be taken care of by Him.
        • Quantity is not important. Our abilities are insignificant,
        Greatness is His.
        • Make friend Him and Seek His forgiveness of our sins and
        revive the Godly spirit in us making ourselves eligible to it by
        consuming Him and continue doing so.
        Amen.
        Best Regards,
        P Abraham Paul
        SOCM # 3321
      • Larry Quintana
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19, 2008
          Dear Paul

          I am in agreemtent with you on this also. I am not a chrismated
          member of the church, but I am new to ths Jacobite church. I think
          it is divisive to be argueing over such things. It is good to inform
          the church of what is taking place within the church and courts. To
          argue with one another is not Chirst like. Let the leadership and
          courts deal with the matter. It would be more productive to this
          body to talk about scripture, the church fathers and teaching on
          doctrinal and belief issues such as the Eucharist and why we believe
          as we do about the Eucharist. Anyway, this is my small perspective
          on the matter.

          Grace and peace in the love of Chirst.
          Brother Larry .

          -- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Abraham Paul wrote:

          > Dear SOCM Members,
          >
          > SHLOMO
          >
          > I fully agree and endorse the views of Mr. Cijoy Varghese. Would
          it not be more productive if the many learned members spent their
          precious time and space in this forum arguing with persons like Rev.
          Fr. George. T, write materials about our Church history and views on
          Church's affairs and Charity works.

        • Shajy
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 27, 2008
            Greetings to all,

            Everyone should participate in Charity. No doubt about it. At the same
            time the persons or body who is collecting the funds should also take
            the resposibility of clearly accounting where the fund has been
            utilized. There is very much hardship behind collecting each and every
            penny for charity. As a good gesture our Church, I mean whoever receive the money should acknowledge teh amount with a small note on how they utilized the money or at least how they are planning to utilize the money. This seldome happens. This miscommunication spoils the spirit of actual participation from members. Real participation occurs if each member reads that their money has been utilized for the right cause. I am sure this is used for the right caise, but mostly this is not published.

            Even in churches it is very rare to publish the lsit of persons who has benefited from the charity. This is not an encouragement. We should change so that more people sincerely participate.

            Don't think that I am against Charity. I wish if this could be published to atleast to those who really participated in it.

            Warm Reagrds.. Thomas Mathew (Shajy)

            ID # 4800

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Abraham Paul wrote:

            > Dear SOCM Members,
            >
            > SHLOMO
            >
            > I fully agree and endorse the views of Mr. Cijoy Varghese. Would it
            not be more productive if the many learned members spent their precious
            time and space in this forum arguing with persons like Rev. Fr. George.
            T, write materials about our Church history and views on Church's
            affairs and Charity works.

          • K. Kurian Mani, Ph.D
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008
              I whole heartedly agree with Thomas Mathew as far as the accounting
              practices followed by many of the charity organizations. I am not
              saying that the money is misappropriated, on the otherhand many try
              to do the best possible. But often, the decision process
              lies with an individual or individuals without maintaining any type
              of documentation. This, susequently leads to misunderstanding and
              inability to channel the funds to appropriate targets. In the event,
              SOCM initiates maintaining a list of recommented charities, we should
              require such charities to provide the listing entity with proper
              financial statements.

              Kurian Mani
              ID # 0989