Happy Father's Day

  • Rev. Fr. David Cheruthottil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2008
      Dear All Father's and Father's to be:

      Today - June 15th, 2008 - is Father's Day. It is day of happiness and
      showering love and affection to their Fathers. It is a day of giving presents and a day of special togetherness with their fathers. It is the day of expressing their thanks and show their gratitude towards their fathers.

      We celebrate the Birth of a child, Baptism, Birthday, Graduation, Wedding and wedding anniversary, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Memorial Day and so on. Are we showing this love as a real one or is it just a show? For example: A father or mother do every thing (as you know) for their son and daughter while they are growing up. But when those Parents get older in their time of helplessness, how many of us are showing their real love and affection to the father and mother? I wrote this only for you to think about.

      If we do show our love that is real love, then it will be real blessings we will receive in our lives. As it says in the Bible, in the 10 Commandments "Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you; that your days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with you, in the land which the Lord your God gives you." Deuteronomy 5:16. Also in Proverbs 10:1 it says, "Wise son makes a glad father, but a foolish son is a sorrow to his mother" and
      in Proverbs Chapter 13:1 says, "A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke." Further into Proverbs Ch 17:25 "Foolish children bring grief to their fathers and bitter regrets to their mothers." We must think and learn about the valuable advice contained in The Bible and practice it ourselves. Then will we only get the real blessings from our Parents, and above all, from our Lord God and it is the best fortune in our life.

      However, how many of us celebrate all these events of our Savior Jesus Christ? How many of us doing this with real heartfelt feeling or with real love of Jesus Christ? We are doing these celebrations, to show our love and affection towards our Parents. Please think that our father, Lord Jesus Christ and how much He did for us. He loves, suffers, sacrifices, gives His Blessings, and gives us His salvation through His Cruzifixion and Resurrection. We must celebrate all His deeds and give thanks to Him, His Life and Mercy and Praise Him always. Thus we will receive His Blessings through His presents always through our lives.

      May I wish all you fathers and fathers to be, along with Rev. Dr. A. P. George, a very Happy, healthy, blessed, peaceful, loving and prosperous Father's Day!

      May God Bless us all!

      Your Loving Father in Christ,
      Fr. David Cheruthottil, along with Rev. Dr. A. P. George,
      our Vicar,
      St. George's MSO Church
      Carteret, NJ